i'm a beautiful brunette with lots of blond moments

"What is so damn important?" Stella demanded as soon as I sat down. I'd been trying to call her nonstop since last week but she hadn't answered for some reason.

"Roan told me he liked me." Well, in a way.

"Eek!" She squealed.

The whole class, including me, turned around to look at Stella. Ms. Lawrence stared at us with unfriendly eyes.

"Stella, do you have something particularly interesting to share with the class?"

"Uh, no."

"No, I insist. It must be pretty interesting if you had to interrupt my lesson on conjugating the preterite tense." She crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the ground.

"No, I love conjugating verbs in Latin."

"Who doesn't?" Ms. Lawrence asked sarcastically.

"Sorry, I'll actually do my work this time," Stella admitted and the class laughed.

"Anyway," Ms. Lawrence continued and once she turned to the board, Stella whispered in my ear.

"He finally did it."

"What do you mean finally?" Did everyone know except me? Uh, was I one of those girls now, the kind that didn't see the obvious when it came to boys?

Ohmygod I was.

"Girl, are you blind?"

"I guess I am."

"Haven't you always wondered why he always hung out with you?"

"I was trying to figure that out myself." I mumbled. I always figured it was because he liked making fun of me or because I actually let him copy my homework.

"You know for a brunette, you have a lot of blond moments." Stella said and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Hey, I'm not the one who told the teacher that I didn't do my work."

.•*•.

"Wow, the school looks so different at night." All the hallway lights were on, which kind of blinded me. It was also kind of creepy because everytime I looked outside I saw darkness, and I was usually accustomed to daylight.

I found Roan in our bio room, already setting up. He was putting a bunch of exotic-looking plants on the desks.

As soon as I got closer, the plants' strong scents hit me.

"Wow, that's very potent." He turned around and sort of smiled.

"I have all the flowers and plants ready."

"Okay, I brought all my Bath and Body Works from home." I set the box I was carrying down and pulled the sheet off.

"Shit, did you buy out the whole store?"

"No." I scoffed and started to take out all the perfumes and colognes.

We were testing to see if people could identify the difference between natural and synthetic scents. We were planning to do three trials with three plants for each one.