we're not together but no one else is allowed to date you, okay?

My legs were tired from my race, all I wanted to do was gulp gallons worth of water. Me being my stupid self, I forgot to pack my water bottle and now I had to run into the school to get some.

While I was walking back to the school, I spotted Asher underneath the bleachers, leaning against one of the beams.

He looked sad.

My tongue was parched but I decided to stay. It looked like he needed someone.

"Hey, Asher!" I waved and he picked up his head.

"Oh, Lia,"

"What are you doing? You know the track isn't under here." I said hoarsely, my throat really dry.

"Yeah, I'm just. . ."

I studied him, the way his eyes were dazed and his voice was strained.

The way he wiped his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"It's my sister." It sounded like he had a knot in his throat.

"You have a sister?"

"We're twins."

"Cool." I'd always wanted a twin and switch spots for a day. Or maybe a hundred.

"Not as cool as you'd think." He scoffed.

"Well, is she doing okay?" I shifted my weight from my left foot to my right foot.

"She's been better. She's just-" He stopped himself abruptly, "I don't want to talk about it." He gave me an apologetic look.

"It's okay. But if you ever need to talk, I'm here," I smiled up at him and he smiled back.

"I might just take you up on that. Someday." Someday maybe.

"Everyday" blasted from my speakers.

Wow, why did I just have a random flashback during my dream? That was so weird.

But it's memories like those that I cherished. I only saw Asher during track meets, which was only like four times a season, and if I was lucky, around town.

I just wished he'd actually let me in.

I swung my legs over my bed and stretched. Today was the day.

I chose to wear heels, tights and a pink flowing dress that cut off above my knee. I curled my hair, put on my makeup and was out the door in an hour. Asher offered to pick me up but I told him I'd drive there. I wanted to remember where the place was. After all, it was where he lived.

On my way, I got lost a couple of times so I ended up finding the road an hour later. Good thing he said to show up whenever I wanted.

When I finally got there, I couldn't believe what I was looking at.

It was a huge castle, vines climbing up all sides, with a vast, luscious forest surrounding it. It seemed to fit in even though it looked like an old Middle Ages castle.