Chapter Ten {Inserted}

The morning was cold and windy, storm torn clouds dotted the blue sky. Tinypool had just woken to another troubling dream. It seemed her ears were filled with whispers but the path ahead was too dark and shadowed to see anything. It always ended the same, with a shining light appearing at the end. It expanded until she was blinded from it's brightness. She knew that their ancestors were trying to reach out to her, she just wished she knew what they were trying to say.

She quickly shook out her fur as she stood from her nest. She must not let this spook her. Tinypool knew she had put off talking to Blizzardstar about her dreams for too long. He deserved to know that their ancestors needed to speak with them.

She strode from her den in a flash, crossing towards Blizzardstar's den from her massive split rock. "Blizzardstar?" she called politely, asking to enter his den.  He meowed softly, signaling to her that she could enter. As she passed inside the hollow pine trunk, she was surprised to find Spottedrose there as well. She was lounging in a second moss nest in the corner.

"I wasn't aware that you were allowing Spottedrose to share your den." Tinypool mewed casually, a disapproving look in her blue eyes. Blizzardstar shrugged quickly, clearly not finding it a big deal.

"I just wanted to make sure she is comfortable." he insisted. Tinypool could see Spottedrose's fur spiking with embarrassment. She didn't want to think of what they may have been doing in here. They are both young, clearly they are just having fun, she thought to herself. It shouldn't be any business of mine to intrude on my leader's love interests.

This situation with Spottedrose was certainly odd. She wasn't sure if she should disapprove. The fact that she was BreezeClan made her feel that this could not be right. "Well, I have come to talk to you about a private matter." she meowed softly. Blizzardstar turned to Spottedrose and flicked his tail. "Maybe you can go ask Wildflight if there's anything you can do around camp." he meowed kindly.

She stood up and quickly padded out of her nest. She dipped her head to Tinypool and Blizzardstar as she exited the den. As soon as she had left, Blizzardstar's interest turned to his medicine cat. "What did you need to speak to me about?" he asked seriously.

"I've been having strange dreams," she meowed, "I think they're from StarClan." She didn't think she could even remember her last dream she had from their ancestors. Maybe she had never had one? She couldn't be sure, but she knew that this new omen meant danger.

"I am always in a very dark, eerie forest. I look down a well trod path, and I see a bright shining light at the end." Thinking about it now seemed odd. She wasn't sure what StarClan was trying to tell her. She watched Blizzardstar's expression closely. He almost looked startled at what she was telling her.

"That sounds all too familiar to me," he rasped, "I also had a dream. It wasn't recently, but Mudstar was passing me a message. One of the things he happened to say to me was that there was a light, hidden among the darkness."

Tinypool gasped, surprised by this sudden connection between dreams. "When did you have this dream? You should have came to me to discuss its meaning!"

Blizzardstar flicked his tail, becoming a little irritable. "I believe I am capable enough to handle this omen on my own." he meowed quietly. Tinypool flattened her ears, a growl rising in her throat. "Then why am I having these dreams? They obviously don't want you to deal with this by yourself!" she meowed desperately.

"Maybe not," he sighed, "but I can assure you that I know what we must do. Mudstar told me there needs to be peace in the forest for us to survive."

"Peace..." she echoed, running the idea through her thoughts. "Do you think there should be peace between our clans?" she asked curiously. Even though Blizzardstar was still young, he had always been eager to battle.

"I'm not sure. I would really rather just go to Breezeclan and kill Oakstar myself. But I don't think that's what Mudstar wants me to do." He meowed, thinking hard. It was almost natural to be calm and collected around Spottedrose but he still felt vile hatred towards Oakstar.

"Did Mudstar say anything else, other than the light?" She asked suddenly, inching closer to her leader's side. She watched him close his eyes as he tried to remember his dream.

"He said a storm was coming. That we must form bonds or be forever lost in darkness." He meowed quietly, opening his eyes again to look at Tinypool.

"Are you trying to form bonds with Spottedrose?" She asked, thinking this would explain his peculiar behavior towards the she-cat.

"I wasn't intending to. But I really do think she is meant to be here. Maybe she is the light that was hidden in the darkness." He meowed, hoping Tinypool might agree.

"It's possible," she murmured, "we will need to keep an eye out for any more messages." She still felt disappointed that Blizzardstar had not come to her before with his dream. But now that they had talked it out, she didn't feel so confused.

"Are you still planning to visit Oakstar and see if he will welcome peace to the forest?" She asked after several moments. It made perfect sense now, why he had been so persistent in changing Oakstar's mind.

"Yes. If I can get him to accept peace we won't need to ever lose lives over battle again. We can keep to ourselves and live long, happy lives." He meowed, thinking about how much his life would change if he could convince Oakstar.

He would never see another clanmate die at the claws of an enemy warrior. He would get to live his life and have a mate and kits, without worrying about their safety. He wondered if Spottedrose would want to stay with him or return to Breezeclan. Inwardly, he hoped she would want to stay.

"You aren't alone in this anymore," Tinypool mewed softly, "please come to me if you receive anymore dreams."

Blizzardstar nodded, "I will be sure to come to you with any more information." He promised. She could tell he still seemed slightly annoyed. But the Clan's survival was more important than his pride. She still felt disappointed that he had not come to her before.

"Well, I'll return to my den now." She mewed slowly, eyeing Blizzardstar suspiciously. He looked like he had already lost his focus, staring into the corner of the den behind her.

"Goodbye Blizzardstar." She muttered, knowing he probably wasn't paying attention to hear her. She could feel her emotions swirling; angry at Blizzardstar for his negligence and impatience with her ancestors.

How could she hope to help Blizzarstar decipher the omen if they wouldn't share with her? As she slid from the entrance to his den she felt her fur prickle. Spottedrose was watching her from across the clearing.

As she quickly padded back over to her den, she felt her fears ebb a tiny bit. She decided that Blizzardstar wasn't on his own after all. It seemed that Starclan had sent him that confusing she-cat for some reason. But Tinypool realized she couldn't answer her question, why had they sent her in the first place?