FORTY-FOUR

"Happy birthday to you," I sang. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Matty, happy birthday to you!"

Matty covered his face with the blanket. "I don't want to get up," he chuckled.

"I brought you Starbucks," I stated. "If you don't get up then I'll drink your coffee."

Matty then removed the blanket from his face, revealing a small smile. I shook my head at Matty, sitting beside him.

Matty took his coffee, sitting up and laying his head on my shoulder. "How does it feel to be twenty-five?" I asked.

"The same as twenty-four," Matty answered. "The coffee tastes better."

I laughed, "As you get older I guess coffee somehow gets tastier." Matty kissed my cheek.

"Your party starts at four," I yawned. "Be ready for that."

"Okay," Matty nodded. "Are you sad we're getting older?"

"Obviously I am," I smiled. "But we both don't plan on settling down anytime soon. We have lives to live, people to meet, songs to write, canvases to paint, midnight conversations to have, cuddles to enjoy... I can go on."

Matty smiled at me, grabbing my hand. "I'm feeling cheesy if you haven't noticed," Matty chuckled. Matty leaned in and kissed my lips, brightening my pale cheeks to a soft pink.

"I have to go make sure everything is ready," I stated. "I'll be back in a bit. If I leave I'll tell you."

"Okay," Matty nodded. "Thank-you for the coffee."

"Of course," I smiled, getting up. I walked to the door and turned back to Matty. "You are the best person I have ever met, Matthew."

Matty shook his head at me, "Definitely not true. I'm not very cool nor kind."

"Keep denying it," I smiled. "I'll be downstairs."

I walked out of the room, making my way downstairs. I glanced at all of the balloons the guys had managed to sneak into the house.

I walked to the door of the guest room, knocking. Soon I heard footsteps shuffling over to me. The door swung open revealing a grumpy Louis.

"I thought you were going to wake me up at ten?" Louis crossed his arms over his chest.

"You need to entertain your brother," I smiled. "I have to get things ready with your mum."

"Fine," Louis sighed. "MATTY!" Louis yelled, walking up the stairs.

I shook my head at Louis, laughing. I turned to see Denise looking out the window of the guest room. I took a small step into the room, smiling faintly.

"Denise? Is everything alright?" I questioned. Denise turned to me and nodded.

"Everything's lovely. I'm just... I'm happy my thoughts didn't turn out the way they planned," she paused. "When I first had Matty, and when he was young... I believed he would be settled down by now, a business job, a wife and kids... Now I'm realizing I'm happy he's not! I'm too young to be a grandmother!"

I laughed, "I'm too young for marriage and a child, so I'm happy too."

"Well I'm glad were on the same page," Denise smiled. "Let's get these decorations going!"

« ‹ › »

Eventually, every decoration was displayed. I glanced at the clock and saw it was 2pm. I turned to smiling Denise, also enjoying the moment.

"I have to go get ready," I laughed. "And I'm sure you do too. I shall see you when the party begins?"

"You definitely will!" Denise agreed. "Ill will see you in a little, dear."

We rushed in our separate ways, and once I opened the bedroom door I saw Louis and Matty laughing. "Decorations are done, Louis go get ready," I instructed.

"Okay," Louis bounced up. "Bye Matty!"

"Bye," Matty waved as the door closed. I walked over to the closet and felt arms around my waist.

"Am I still not allowed downstairs?" Matty asked.

"Not until the party," I replied. "Get ready, Matty."

"We have time," Matty shrugged. "What are you wearing to the party?" I pointed to the closet full of black clothing.

"Something from here," I laughed. Matty pulled out a light pink skirt, and I grabbed a grey long sleeve shirt. I then found black socks.

I turned around to Matty and placed my hands on the sides of his face. I pressed my lips on his, but I broke away quickly. "I have to shower," I smiled. "I suggest you do as well?"

"Is this part of my present?" Matty smirked.

"Nope, I meant after I finish showering," I giggled. "You're going to have to wait until your mum and brother are not downstairs."

"I can make them leave," Matty joked.

"You will not!" I laughed. "Now I will be in the bathroom."

"Okay," Matty kissed my cheek. I walked over to the bathroom door. "I love you," Matty stated.

I turned back to Matty with a small smile, holding onto the door. "I love you too, Matty," I smiled.

I quickly showered, and once I got out, Matty purposely got in the shower. I sat on the bathroom counter as I applied my makeup, Matty in the background showering.

I would catch him glancing at me, which I would shake my head at him in return. His tattoo covered body craved attention. Attention that I would not be giving to him this early in the day.

I curled my hair and Matty got out of the shower. Matty whistled as he walked behind me to get a towel, which he "forgot."

I turned to Matty, laughing. "Matty, I swear," I laughed as he wiped his face off. "You're just humiliating yourself."

"Really?" Matty smirked. "How?" Matty turned around, his bare ass revealed. In response to his spiteful attitude, I kicked his ass with my foot.

Matty jumped, turning back to me with wide eyes. "Sarilynn!" He laughed. "You kick me when it is my birthday?"

"Yes," I smiled. "Your pale ass is mocking me."

"How must it be mocking you?" Matty raised his eyebrows.

"Because your ass is huge, Matthew. Your butt mocks mine," I joked.