THIRTY-NINE

I woke up to someone holding onto my back and my apologies legs. I opened my eyes enough to see Matty carrying me.

"My drunk ass is a dick, I'm sorry you had to sleep on the couch," Matty sighed. "Sorry, love. I really am."

Matty set me on our bed, and I saw the glass of water I had previously set on the nightstand was completely empty. I noticed the bathroom light was on too.

"I threw up," Matty explained.

I nodded, getting under the blankets. I closed my eyes once again, and felt as Matty laid beside me.

I felt his warm hand reaching for mine, and once he found it he let out a sigh. "Are you mad at me?" Matty whispered.

"No, if I was then I would be an idiot. You were drunk, Matty. You didn't mean to," I scooted closer to Matty, laying against his chest. I interlaced our legs, and soon Matty's hand was rubbing up and down my back.

"I'm sorry, baby," Matty sighed.

"Matty, you didn't mean to," I yawned. "Now hush, you didn't do anything wrong. The couch is comfortable. Now sleep."

« ‹ › »

I woke up before Matty; and since he was scared I was mad last night, I decided to make breakfast.

I stood in the kitchen, humming to myself. I heard light footsteps and turned to see Matty wiping his face with his hands.

"Why are you humming 'Settle Down' when you're more of a 'Heart Out' person?" Matty chuckled.

"I can be whoever I want to be, Healy," I laughed.

"Why are you making breakfast?" Matty asked.

"A lot of questions today... I felt bad because you felt bad last night. I wanted to make you breakfast," I explained.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?" Matty smiled.

"Stop with the questions," I shook my head. "If you don't want to eat the pancakes I'm making then that's fine."

"Of course I want to eat the pancakes," Matty smiled, wrapping his arms around me. "How many more papers do you have until you give it to the realtor?"

"Like, fifteen?" I answered, flipping the pancakes. "I'll finish it up today and deliver it."

"You do so much," Matty kissed my cheek. "I love it, and I love you." I smiled, squeezing onto Matty's arm.

I finished the pancakes and set them on two plates for Matty and I. I handed Matty one of the plates while I got the butter out.

I finished readying my pancakes then walked over to the couch, following behind Matty. I sat on the other end of the couch, facing Matty.

"I'm sorry you had to sleep two hours on this," Matty sighed.

"Matty, don't start that again," I replied. "You were drunk. I wasn't mad in the first place, but you carried me to bed and I definitely wasn't mad after that. You didn't do anything wrong."

Matty, nodded, looking down at the food. "You make good pancakes," he mumbled. "They're better than Mum's."

"I doubt that," I laughed. "I love your Mum, and I bet she cooks brilliantly."

"Then you'd be wrong," Matty chuckled.

After breakfast we both cleaned up and I went to finish the rest of the papers. Halfway through finishing them, Matty walked in and sat beside me.

I turned to Matty with a small smile, and he leaned back on the bed frame and watched me. I ignored him mostly, but when someone is staring at you it's very difficult.

"You know, I didn't think I was that interesting until I met you," I smiled.

"Really?" Matty chuckled. "I think you're remarkably interesting. The way you move, react, smile, paint, I love it all."

"You're distracting me," I smiled. "I love you Matthew Timothy, but you're not helping me finish this. The quicker I finish this paperwork, the faster we can leave this place."

"Speaking of that!" Matty jumped up. "I'm going to look online for little townhouses! If you need me I'll be on the floor. I won't buy anything without you."

"Thank-you," I smiled. Matty leaned back on the bed and kissed my lips.

« ‹ › »

I finished the papers, and as I got up I heard Matty groan. I shook my head at him, organizing the stack.

"I'm bored," Marty yawned. "Want to make out?"

"Sure," I shrugged.

Matty jumped up on the bed, smiling at me. I walked over to the bed, sitting down in front of him.

Matty placed his hands on my thighs and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled at the familiar feeling, allowing Matty to pull me closer.

Before I knew it, I was sitting on Matty's lap. His hands were pulling the hem of my shirt up slowly, while I tugged at his hair.

Matty took off my shirt, throwing it on the floor as he traced my backbone with his fingers. I broke my lips from his, our eyes meeting. His eyes were full of lust and excitement as we both panted.

"Don't end that, baby," Matty smiled.

"I'm not," I shook my head. "I need to breathe for a second." Matty chuckled and nodded, understanding.

Matty threw off his shirt and smiled at me. I still sat on his lap, my hands on my thighs as I looked down at my half naked body.

I only wore pajama shorts to bed, so there wasn't much there in the first place. Matty tugged at my shorts, glancing up at me.

"I swear," I smiled. "All you want to do to me is get me naked."

"That might be true, but not completely," Matty smiled. "I want to cuddle you, talk to you, spend time with you."

"Only me?" I raised an eyebrow. "You don't want to spend time becoming a famous singer, or even spending it with your mum?"

"Of course I do, baby," Matty chuckled. "I always will. But right now, I'm not thinking about that."

"Let's hope you're not thinking about your mum," I smiled, connecting our lips once again.