TWENTY-THREE

The loss of sleep I've been having the past days left me wide awake on a moving bus. I finally gave up on reloading Tumblr and got up.

I walked to the front of the bus where Alisa is driving and sat in the passenger seat. Alisa looked up at me confused.

"I haven't had very good sleep," I explained. "What about you?"

Alisa laughed, "I sleep only about six hours... during the day of course."

I smiled, looking at the road ahead of us. The road was completely empty besides a few vans behind us holding all of the equipment.

I sunk down in the seat, "I heard a rumor that you and Mr. Matty are engaged."

I turned to Alisa sharply, "What!"

"I'm kidding," she joked, and I sighed out of relief.

"Even thinking about marriage stresses me out," I put my hands on my temples.

"Same," Alisa laughed. "I have a boyfriend, and we've been dating for three years... I'm terrified he wants to marry me. I love him and shit, but I am afraid of commitment if I'm being honest."

"Yeah, me too," I nodded. "I don't even like the idea of kids."

"Dogs are enough," Alisa laughed.

"I agree," I laughed.

« ‹ › »

I woke up to the sound of George's echoing voice. "George wants snacks!" George yelled, and I heard Ross groan. "Alisa when are we stopping?"

"About two more hours."

"FUCK!" George screamed.

I then heard George's footsteps coming closer, and then the curtain of my bunk was pulled open.

"Sari, hey, question: do you have any candy or something sweet in general?" George asked.

"Fuck off-"

"She has a sweet ass," I heard Matty state and then we all busted into hysterical laughter.

After laying in bed for at least ten minutes I got out of my bunk. I walked into the main area where everyone was.

"Coffee's on the counter, careful pouring it we are on a moving bus!" Adam laughed.

I grabbed a mug from the cabinet, carefully pouring me a cup of coffee. I then put two packs of sugar in it.

I sat beside Matty, and he turned to me with a smile. "What?" I asked.

"You've been drawing," Matty pointed to my sketchbook. "I didn't open it! I was going to wait until I got your permission... but can I open it?"

I sipped on my coffee, nodding. Matty carefully opened the worn down sketchbook, and all of the guys got on the floor to see. Matty had a different reaction with each page.

Then Matty looked at one of my sketches and knew the image. "This... this is the painting in my hallway."

"Yeah, it is," I nodded. "But this one's actually completed."

"Don't start," Matty chuckled.

The guys found it interesting to look at every page for at least two minutes each, and I found it boring as heck.

I got off the couch and sat in the passenger seat with Alisa. "The boys seem to be really into your work?" Alisa questioned.

"Matty is, and I bet he's getting the rest of them into it," I nodded. "What about you? Do you have any hobbies, Alisa?"

Alisa shrugged, "I'm a tour driver... When I'm not on tour I like to go hiking. I'm not very athletic, I spend my days driving and sleeping..." Alisa laughed, "But I find it therapeutic." I smiled, nodding.

"Sari!" George whined. "I want this one!"

"No!" I responded. "If you rip a page from that I will stab you with a pencil."

"Okay," George laughed. "Can you at least make me something after tour? Please?"

"Yeah," I promised. "Obviously."

George cheered, and I looked at the road ahead of us.

"Sarilynn, how do you draw successfully?" Alisa questioned.

"Practice," I answered. "Just like everything else. I started actually trying with my drawing in year six."

"Hm," Alisa responded. "My brother is a photographer, and he has been doing it professionally for two years. He's always been attracted to nature and landscaping and just the beauty of things... some people are literally born with a gift I guess?"

I nodded, "I wouldn't call my talent a gift... But I think Matty has a gift for writing music and playing instruments."

"You play just as many instruments as me! Probably more!" Matty replied. I rolled my eyes.

I sunk down into the leather seats, finishing up my coffee and setting it in the cup holder. "Sarilynn why are these just doodles? Why don't you make them all into actual art pieces?" Ross asked.

"I don't have enough time," I explained. "Plus usually the idea gets into my brain and I need to just hurry and put it on paper."

"Well, did you sleep well?" Alisa questioned.

"I didn't sleep very long, and sleeping on a bus isn't very comfortable... but ignoring that, yes," I smiled. "How has the drive been?"

"I've been zoning out," Alisa laughed. "I always zone out, it makes everything go by faster."

We sat in silence for a bit, the only noise on the bus being the tires moving, and the sounds of things jumping when we hit bumps.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I turned to see Matty's curly hair he kissed my cheek. "How's girl talk?" Matty smiled.

"Not very different than usual conversations," I smiled. "What about you Matty? How's boy talk?"

"Not very different," Matty chuckled. "Especially with George on the us, he's constantly talking about how cute some girl is."

"Really?" I laughed. "A different girl every conversation?"

"Basically, George is a slut."

We all laughed, and Matty stood beside me proudly. "I am not! If you think I am a slut you should've seen Matty in high school!" George grumbled.

"I am in a committed relationship, George, stop trying to make me sound like an awful person," Matty laughed.

"You are an awful person," Adam chuckled.

"Not really, Adam... think about it," Matty pointed to Adam.

"I've tried, Matthew..."