I wanted to throw up. Not just because I was jealous, but because I felt like I was far too old to be. Jealousy was for young, insecure girls, not grown women.

Deciding I'd seen enough, I tossed my phone on the sofa and walked down the hall to get the girls ready for bed. Emery automatically pressed play on the CD player, Harry's voice booming through the speakers. My jaw set, I walked over to it and pressed stop.

"Mommy!" whined Emery.

"No music tonight, Em," I shook my head. "I don't feel that great. Just go get your shower, okay?"

"Okay," she frowned, heading for the bathroom.

As Emery showered, I helped Jasmine change into her pajamas, gave her a drink of water with her medicine, and tucked her into bed. When I turned out the light, Emery had returned to her room, her hair still wet as she danced naked to no music. She giggled when she saw me, quickly pulling her pajamas from her drawer. I towel dried her hair the best I could before she brushed it and climbed into her bed.

"Tomorrow's Friday," she sang as she held her arms out for me to hug her.

"I know," I kissed her.

"Are we going to look for a costume again?"

"Yes," I nodded.

Emery cheered, pumping her fists.

"Did you see Harry?" she asked.

I looked at her, confused. "When?"

"When you were away."

"No, baby," I replied. "I was in San Antonio. Harry's in...Chicago. Or he was."

"Oh."

I smiled as I recalled. "I did talk to him on FaceTime though."

"You did? I wanna FaceTime him! Can I?"

I chuckled. "We'll see. Get to sleep, monkey."

Giving her another kiss, I turned out the light and shut the door, returning to the living room. With slight hesitation, I picked up my phone again. Lorelei had sent another text.

Did you read it?

I hastily texted her back.

Yes. It was great.

I thought so too. I feel proud of him, even though I don't really know him.

I sent her a simple smiling emoji.

Tell him congratulations from me.

Ok.

You ok?

Lorelei knew me too well. She knew that my short replies could only mean I was not in the best of moods.

Yeah, just tired. I think I'm turning in early.

Ok. See you in the morning.

With a sigh, I switched off the TV that was now showing an old episode of Everybody Loves Raymond and turned out the lights as I headed toward my bedroom. I changed into my night clothes, washed my face and brushed my teeth vigilantly before pulling back the comforter.

When I climbed into bed, the cool of the sheets hitting my toes, I breathed in and out slowly. My stomach was in knots. And the thing about it was, I was more upset with myself than anything. I knew better than to think the worst of Harry, but even so, we had yet to put a label on our relationship.

I laughed at myself again. Relationship. Harry and I flirted on the phone. That was it.

Still, curiosity getting the better of me, I reached for my phone and brought up the page again with the photos. He was most definitely in Chicago in them. In fact, he was at Macy's at the FAO Schwarz toy store. That seemed like an odd place for him to be.