Chapter Twenty One

When I was little; my father took me to a theme park.

He was an adrenaline junkie so he loved all things fast and wild that made your heart feel like it was flying up in your chest and your stomach to twirl. He wanted me to be just like him when I got older, so my first roller-coaster at my first theme park was the biggest, tallest, and fastest one they had.

I remember the first hill; four hundred feet tall with a ninety degree drop. I was forced to hold onto the restraints so tightly that my knuckles turned white. All the air left my lungs and my stomach felt like it was jumping up to my throat. My heart was beating like crazy but the rush was absolutely amazing. I hadn't felt anything like it before.

That was; until I kissed Nite.

But the restraints are gone now, and I'm freefalling. Tumbling down the hill at the speed of light and the twirling in my stomach becoming an F5 tornado. His hands at the small of my back are the seat belts and his lips are the rush. I'm falling but he's holding me up, keeping me levitated in the air so high that I could touch the clouds. It's slow but fast. Sweet but desperate. Everything I could've ever asked for and more.

The embarrassing sound that resonates in the back of my throat causes my body to freeze as soon as his mouth meets mine, but the stillness doesn't last long. Nite makes a sound deep in his own chest, almost resembling a growl, and my eyes flutter shut with the noise. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the hottest thing I've ever heard in my goddamn life.

I part my lips and he responds immediately.

My head tips back in the pressure he's persisting against my mouth, so I'm forced to grab onto his forearms for leverage. His arms gather me to him, every nook and cranny of my body aligning with his and his hand coming up to cradle the back of my head. One of my hands is still fisted in his shirt, my father's shirt, and I'm gripping it so tightly that my fingers are beginning to grow numb. But I won't let go...Not now...Not for the life of me.

He gives and I take. Every swipe of his lips and every soft nibble of his teeth I return eagerly. I had originally expected his lips to be very warm in the heat of the day, but that's not the case at all. They're so wonderfully cool against my mouth; chilling the hot blush on my cheeks and mixing nicely with my warm skin. They're wetter than I thought they'd be, but not in an unpleasant way. It helps them slide along my bottom lip with ease and for the soft sounds resonating in the room to be low and relaxing.

It's maddening.

He pulls away all too soon, leaving me to search with my eyes sealed tightly for the lips that made my mind turn to fuzz. I find them, but only for a few seconds before he pulls away entirely. My heart surges.

I feel thumbs brushing along my cheekbones, causing my eyes to flutter open and my reflexes to lean into the soothing touch. Nite is gazing at me like I'm one of the stars in his never-ending galaxy; irises bright with his lips slightly red and swollen. My heart swells again, leaving me gasping for breath.

"Look at you," he murmurs, voice slightly husky. "I don't think I've ever seen you this relaxed before. It's like you don't have a single care in the world. Beautiful."

He rests his forehead against mine; letting his mouth brush over my lips a few more times before he melds them together once again. His hand tangles in my hair, tilting my head back to meet him and he breathes, sucking the air right out of my lungs. I'm curious as to how I even lived without this before.

"You...Should've told me...Before..." I murmur in between breaths and persistent kisses. "I would've liked...mhm...To know..."

"Told you what?" His teeth nibble at my top lip. "That I absolutely adore you?"