||K h a w l a h||

Start from the beginning

I hate this kind of blood privelege. The kind the king's children get. All they have to do is to be born to be a prince.
It's so biased but that's the bias keeping me afloat as well.

I had come to Saddia's table to ask her if she had some work for me but instead I was faced with this.
I was about to turn around and leave them at peace when a young woman, probably in her twenties walked up to the table, smiling.

I gasped inwardly when I recognised her face.
Zara.

"Saddia what time do we start the training session today?" She questioned and I couldn't help but notice how sweet her voice was.
As if she had never screamed at anyone.

She was all about simplicity, without any make up, soft features and a smile that made you want to smile as well. Her honey eyes shone from under her white hijab which was quite odd as everyone else was wearing a black one.
The picture I had seen in Zeyara's room didn't do justice to her at all. She was way more beautiful in reality.

Saddia smiled back at her. I could tell even Saddia was affected by her contagious smile. "In fifteen minutes Zara. I'll see you there bi' iznillah."

Training session?
This girl who looks so soft spoken and fragile can fight?
Not only her Mashal, even the tiny Marwa can fight so well.
I'm the weakest among them all.

"Saddia..." I muttered, gaining her attention, "Can I come too? For the training?"

"Sure!" She exclaimed without a second thought.

"Thanks."

Phew. I thought she won't agree but then again, she can't deny Naeem Ansar's daughter.

"Assalam o alaikum! You are our new leader right? The youngest one ever." Zara's eyes brightened when she noticed me.

I swallowed my unsurety and forced a smile. "Walaikum Salam. Yeah I guess."

"That's so cool!" She chirped and moved over to me. Before I knew it she had embraced me into a hug.
I had not even hugged her back when she pulled away grinning.
"I'm Zara from Syria and guessing by your accent, you look British."

I nodded a yes.

"You are going to join our training session?" She asked cheerfully, making me wonder where she gets all that energy from.

She's the most friendly person I've seen, after Marwa of course.

"Yeah" I replied trying to be just as cheerful as she was.

"Yay!" She clapped in excitement and glanced over at Saddia who was lost in a conversation with Soha.
"Saddia shall I take her over to Khawlah?"

"Yes please....you should go early. It will be very crowded today. MZS is going to come to the women training today to see our progress. The girls are dying to see him."

I felt a sting when Saddia mentioned MZS. I immediately regretted saying that I wanted to go to the training. I didn't want to face Zeyara anymore. I was scared of him.
I was scared of the power he possessed to shatter the fragile castle of my dreams into shreds by just his words.

I would rather stay away from him and pretend he loves me, than facing him and hearing him say that he doesn't.

Zara said something but I couldn't hear her over my loud thoughts.
"Pardon?"

"I said let's go." She repeated and grabbed my hand, guiding me out of the cavern.

I wanted to protest but I couldn't find a good enough excuse. She was being overly sweet to me. I didn't want to be a rude brat to her.