A Walk in the Park

Admitting your feelings for someone was definitely up there as one of the scariest things I've ever had to do. Since it was with Lauren it seemed ten times worse. I could only image how she must've felt. If I had been in her shoes I knew I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Friday had passed smoothly and fortunately many of my teachers decided to give us a bit of a break when it came to homework. Lauren was her usual confident self but ever since yesterday she continued to have this glint in her eye. I'm not going to lie and say it didn't affect me because boy did it. I already had trouble not looking at her eyes and this was just another obstacle of me actually paying attention to what was going on.

Saturday wasn't that eventful as I usually used the weekends relax and catch up on my sleep as well as knock out the remaining homework I hadn't yet finished. On Sunday however my sister and I decided to go to the local park. Sophie liked to go there because they had a really big playground and as well as a huge garden filled with brightly colored flowers. The sunflowers were always her favorite.

It was around 2pm as Sophie and I walked hand in hand along the small paved pathway that weaved itself through the park. It was a clear day with a slight breeze. We had reached past the half way point when I felt a small bump on my shoulder.

"Hey I'm so sorr... Wait Camz?!" Lauren exclaimed turning towards me.

"Lauren? Oh my god what are you doing here?" I asked.
She laughed as she then said, "I come here quite often actually. See that really big tree over there?" She said pointing.
Sure enough I could see the tree she was talking about and nodded my head in response.
"Well I like to sit under it and write sometimes." Lauren continued.

"Oh right. I've never seen your here before though. That's weird." I said trying to make some kind of conversation. I was about to speak when all of of sudden Sophie quite loudly said "Kaki, who's she?!"

In that I moment I felt I was even redder then a tomato. I loved my little sister to death but to say I was embarrassed and annoyed at her for such an outburst would be an understatement.

I could hear Lauren laughing, so lifting my head I looked back at her. She only smiled back at me cocking her head in Sophia's direction  before saying, "Your sister?"

"Oh yeah. Um..um this is Sophie. She's my little sister. I was actually just taking her to the playground." I said gently giving her smaller hand a squeeze.

Lauren looked down and then she began to kneel. She smiled one of those smiles that made your heart pound before she then stuck out her hand. "Well hello Sophie. It's nice to meet you. I'm Lauren, Camila's... friend."

At first the smaller girl seemed a bit scared of the strangers actions but I guess something about Lauren eased her fears.

"H..hi Lauren." She said giving a small wave.

I had to admit watching the interaction between both of them was pretty darn cute. Not that I didn't expect it be but I don't know. Seeing it and experiencing it was different.

"So Camila I was actually just about finished. I'd be happy to give Sophie here an extra play buddy." Lauren said know squeezing Sophie's shoulder.

"Really? You really don't have to..." I started to say but I was cut off before I could finish.

"Just please let me."
Ok. Well it was set then.