20: The Wedding

Days had passed into weeks and weeks into months. Nate was standing in front of the mirror as he fixed his bow tie. Max joined him and was consumed by the flashbacks of his own wedding.

"Were you this nervous on your wedding day as well?", Nate asked Max while he tried to calm his nerves down.
"More nervous than you I bet. I was getting married to a girl I had hardly spoken to", Max chuckled as he sat on the bed. He looked out the window at the garden wedding set up and wished this to be over soon.

A knock on the door startled his thoughts and he went to open it.
"Oh Hey! Wasn't expecting you to be here", Max welcomed in Cruze.

"How can I miss the wedding of the year. Congrats on the wedding bro! I knew the day I saw her at your place something was up", Cruze gave Nate a warm hug.

"Alright then, Are we ready?", Max interrupted and the boys went down to the garden.

People were slowly taking their seats. Some still stood near the bar admiring the decorations. Nate nervously walked down with Max alongside him towards the priest at the front.

They were suddenly halted by their parents who looked happy but still concerned.

"Now son, I know Selena is someone not of our choice but I would like to commend that you have picked a lovely girl. She may not come from the background we would have preferred but as from experience it's the heart that counts", Richard smiled at Nate.

"Alright Richard, now don't stand in their way, Let's hurry. I will go get Selena", Trudy shooed the boys.

"Wait, Mum. Who is walking her down the aisle?", Max suddenly remembered she had no family present here.

"One of her uncles, he suddenly presented himself this morning. There was a lot of tears, I couldn't bear the scene so I left them alone", Trudy was assigned to look over Selena during the day.

Max raised his eyebrows wondering which one of her uncles had come. When Nate had asked Selena to invite her family, she was hesitant but she sent out the invites and heard nothing back.

Once everyone was seated and the boys were standing at the front, the music starting playing and Nate closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Followed by Max whose fists clenched as he tried to keep his eyes off the gorgeous Selena who was slowly walking down the Aisle.

"She is looking amazing", Max whispered to Nate. He was turned around and once Selena joined next to him, there arms brushed against each other and he smiled to himself.

Both Nate and Selena exchanged their short but meaningful vows and promised to be by each other's side for forever and always.

"I now pronounce you Husband and Wife,  you may kiss the Bride", The priest declared and Nate reached for Selena and gave her a long awaited kiss. 

The kiss felt like the first time, warm and sweet.
"Welcome to the family, Mrs Jenson", Nate smiled to Selena. He grabbed her hand and lead her down the aisle. 

The guests were all guided inside the reception hall whilst the Jenson family were led to the private rooms located at the back.

The five gathered around the round table with a lawyer present in the room.

"Congratulations on your wedding, now we can get down to business. As you know years ago, Mr Richard here created a contract which stated that once his two sons are married he will hand over their business to them. Today marks the day when I officially hand over the papers to you both", The lawyer handed over the official files to Max.

"Now due to a few changes, the contract will be effective 6 months from this date, However, both you and Nate can proceed making the business decisions, this includes the decision on if you want to hand it over to the Chinese", The lawyer stated the terms.

Nate and Max smiled and picked up the pen and signed the contract, followed by Richard.

"Now that its all done, shall we end the night with a dance from the beautiful couple?", The lawyer suggested and they all left the room. Max was the last to leave and he called Costos to make some arrangements.

"I need you to get here in an hour, I shouldn't be too long", Max put the phone back in his pocket and walked out to see the first couple dance.

A smile appeared on his face when he saw how happy Selena was. Her smile was all he needed to give him peace.

Once the dance was over, Nate walked Selena to their table and the dinner banquet started. Plates after plates kept coming out the kitchen doors. The dishes were endless. As everyone had their meals, Max slowly rose from his seat and tapped on the wine glass he was holding.

Everyone went silent as Max presumed to give his best man speech.

"I would like to thank everyone who has joined us here today to celebrate a wonderful occasion. Congratulations to the beautiful couple, Nate and Selena I hope you both get your happily ever after. You both are an inspiration to lovers around the world and I wish to see the family grow. Let's raise our glasses everyone, Cheers to Nate and Selena", Max raised his glass and took one shot of his drink. Adrenalin rushed through his veins as he excused himself after a while and left the table.

After the dinner, Nate led Selena back on the dance floor. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her in closer. He reached for her ear and smiled, "Did I mention how amazing you are looking today Mrs Jenson", Nate swung Selena around slowly.

Selena smiled and held on to Nate tightly.

"I love you Sel", he pulled out of the hug and let his mouth speak the words inside his heart.

Selena held on to his hand, speechless on what to say back. She wasn't prepared for this.

"Me too", she replied and hugged Nate tight. 

Suddenly she saw Max standing at the door to the entrance. One glance of him and her heart was pumping.

'Why is he standing there? Is he leaving?'

Selena looked puzzled as Nate swayed her around.

'Bye Sel'

Max gave her one last glance and left the hall.

"Nate, where is Max going?", Selena released herself from his grip.
"Did he not tell you? His going back to Switzerland. He prefers to be working from there. We'll visit him after 6 months, don't worry", Nate kissed her forward and Selena hugged him again, this time instead of a smile, a tear rolled down her eyes.