Chapter One

Okay, so I hope you guys like this. I feel it's kinda short for the first chapter but I'd love to hear what you guys think! Hopefully it's not to bad. I don't peg myself as much of a writer but I mean, this is Gajeel and Levy. I couldn't not write about them! So, enjoy! :)

Word Count - 1077

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. Levy

Surprisingly, it was a quiet day in the guild today. It's been really warm, sunny weather the past few weeks so a lot of people have taken the opportunity to go out out on some jobs and earn some money, including Natsu and Gray. I mean, their fights are usually really loud and distracting, they're part of the reason the guilds regularly so noisy.

Erza sometimes gets into those fights but not often. Besides, she's also off on some S-Class mission and it's supposedly suppose to pay well for her rent. That's what she told me before she left a few days ago.

I sat at one of the empty tables in the guild hall with one of my new books I got from the library in town. Natsu and Gray also took Lu-chan with them on there job, so I didn't exactly have anyone to talk personally to. Lu-chan was usually the only person I talk to about that kind of stuff. There was still a few people left in the guild though.

There was obviously Mirajane who was working behind the bar, getting some more booze for Cana who was still here as well, drinking away another barrel.

Reedus was still here to, talking to Juvia who looked a bit desperate. I only heard a little bit of their conversation but I think Juvia wants Reedus to paint a picture of her and Gray. I'll give her one thing, she's very loyal.

I looked across the guild to see Wendy talking to Romeo about something. Carla stood on the table next to them with her arms folded. They both smiled and laughed over something. That just made me miss my friend even more.

I sighed, closed my book, not even bothering to mark where I left off, and walked over to Cana and Mirajane at the bar.

I took a seat next to Cana and sighed again. I just couldn't help it. I didn't feel like reading right now, I just wasn't in the mood. I needed to get some money fast, rents coming up soon.

Mirajane stopped cleaning some of the glasses and looked over at me. "Are you okay Levy? You don't seem like yourself."

I laid my head on the counter, using my arms as a pillow. "I'm fine. It's just so quiet in here. It's not normal. That and I need to go on a job soon to earn some money, rent's soon."

"What about Shadow Gear? Where's Jet and Droy?" She asked.

"They went out on one a few days ago. I wasn't feeling well then so they told me just to sit this on out." I said, remembering how right after they left I started to feel better.

"Ah that's right, I forgot about that. That's to bad, but you know you can always go on a job with someone else besides them," Mira said, giving me a funny look. "You know, I always thought you and Gajeel would make a good pairing. Don't you think Cana?"

I looked to my left to see Cana was out cold next to me. I feel a little bad I didn't notice but Mira just giggled.

"I guess you're done for today, huh Cana?" She said as she took away what was left of her drink.

I just registered what Mira had just said before we realized Cana. My face started to get a but flushed. "Oh no Mira! I mean, he would never team up with me, even if I asked him. He's really strong-"

"You think?" She said, enjoying herself.

"No! That's not what I meant!" I complained.

"So you don't think he's strong? I don't think he'll like it if he heard someone was saying how he isn't strong." Mira said smiling evilly.

"Mira! No, I mean, I wasn't saying he wasn't-" I stuttered.

She laughed. "I love how embarrassed and how red your cheeks are! Call me crazy, but I think you like him. You two would be so cute together!" she squealed.

"You're crazy," I said. "I mean, we're just friends, barely that. He never even talks to me. He's mostly out with Lily on a quest."

"Well he isn't right now, but looks like he plans to." Mira smiled.

I turned around to see that he'd come in with Lily to look at the request board for a new job. I probably just didn't notice because I was talking to Mira, about him.

I quickly turned back around, still a bit red in the face. "I hope he didn't hear us talking about him."

Mira giggled. "You're all nervous and flustered, that's so cute!"

I just sighed. I don't think I'm ever going to convince her we're just in the same guild, nothing more really. I talk to Lily a lot though, and sometimes Gajeel will just come by and tell Lily that they're going on another job. Thats usually the closest we get to having a conversation, and we're not even talking to each other! I mean, even if I ever started to actually like him it's not like he'd ever feel the same way.

We're just guild mates, I thought to myself. That's it.

"Well, since there's no hope in changing your mind, I'm gonna head back to Fairy Hills. Maybe I'll find a book I missed in my room somewhere along the way." Which I knew I wouldn't, I've already read all the books in my room from top to bottom. I just didn't want to hear anymore of Mira's thoughts on Gajeel and I.

"Okay Levy! Oh, and remember, you can always go out on a job with someone else." Mira said with one last wink.

I just shook my head and left the guild for my other home. Like Gajeel would ever notice me, let alone go on a job with me. I'm weak. I'd just be extra weight holding him back.

I just realized back at the bar Cana was there beside me the whole time Mira and me were talking about Gajeel. Yeah she passed out, but she might woke up a little bit and over heard our conversation. God I hope not. Who knows what she'll spill when she's drunk.

I kept walking along the pathway to Fairy Hills and I was almost there when I heard the sound of footsteps running behind me. I turned around to see a rather large figure running towards me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed and I hope to update again soon! :)