Chapter 20; Razon.

"Where did you go after you left Juliai ? " It was like a book that you just couldent put down.

" I went back to Hollow, and looked for Oscar. "

I remembered Oscar from the mansion. His soft brown hair and his beautiful inviting smile, he smiled more in those two hours than I had seened Calib smile ever.

" When I was Immortalized, Léstat told me something I did not understand...well atleast not at the moment. "

"He confessed to me about his son,"

"His son was a secret no one else knew. For an Immortal to have decendants was a controversial notion, because it was strictly prohibited. It is why Immortals never had decendants."

He paused and looked at his palms for some strange reason. " We do not have decendants." He corrected himself.

It was amazing, that all this time, he told me perhaps the most interesting story ever, yet all I could do was focus on him. ADMIRE him. Because he was beautiful beyond description.

" His name was Servius." He said softly after a minute. His eyes remained glued down, like he was deep in his thought.

" But the only way to keep Servius safe, was to hide him. And he did....his decendance was forgotten for nearly two thousand years. "

" Untill now." I said, adding the only piece of information that I understood. Because it was the reason that I stood before him; the reason why I was kidnapped, away from home, from my family---from human civilization. And that was the reality.

"Untill now." He repeated.

It just didnt make sence to me. It was a huge puzzle with more and more pieces apearing out of nowhere. Pieces that never seemed to fit, or that did, but didnt even belong in the picture. Like a tiger puzzle combined into an ocean puzzle. Where did THAT come from?

" So why expose me? If he wanted his family to be kept a secret...then why find me and take me to The Council? Isnt that against his wishes or something? "

All these answers just led to new questions like a never ending cycle. But the more I knew, the more I wanted to know.

" Because by now, he should have had millions of decendants! " He stood up and laughed. Laughed without humor, because I can tell how upset all of this made him. He loved Léstat. You only had to spend five minutes with him, and it became clear.

"But for some strange reason, he only has you." He said defeated. Like he was ready to surrender to this depressing tragedy...to this curse that has killed his father.

" I dont understand..." I admitted.

" Has someone been killing them? I mean us?" Why would an immortal bother to kill tiny little humans. The thought of a weak little human stepping up to a all mighty God was like a microbe against a geneticist.

But Caleb rolled his eyes. Like I was asking the wrong questions....or worst, like I was missing the point.

" There hasent been a new Immortal since 1609 . The day The Alliance wont the war, and destroyed Juliai. It is also known as the Battle of Ila" He said it like it was obvious.

" The Council passed a new law that prohibitted the Immortalization of any Mortals. After The Ancients dissapeared, the Council along with The Oracle became the new government. They passed this law in an attempt at population control, and the prevention of anyone forming any Immortal armies."

"The idea is that any decendant of Lestat has the potential to be a special kind of Immortal, and inherit his Ancient powers.

" Special abilitys are like genes. For example, If I were to convert you, at this moment, " His eyes traced along my eyes, down to my cheek bones and around my neck. It was impossibly seductive.

" You would become an Ancient." He came closer. "I could use you to my advantage. " He held no emotions in his face, his voice seemed dead.

" So that would make me a weapon. " I said, breathing in the information.

" Precisely. "He took a step back, satisfied that I understood. And then he walked away for a moment and inhaled. He glanced at me, I absorbed the sight of his perfection and hated myself for it.

"Come, human, let us go back. " He said and began walking ahead.

" Wait..." I yelled. There was one more thing that would not escape my brain. So he lifted me off of his shoulders and placed me on the ground. " What is it? "

" Why do we have to get married? "

His eyes held no expression, but they were still beautiful. And he hesitated for a moment. He looked towards the floor before closing his eyes. And I inhaled awating the answer.