Chapter 15: First Times.

Chapter 15; First Times.

" Please kill me! Please! " I begged.

The thought of becoming like them made me want to stop exisiting all together. It was like becoming an alien, or an animal. Or a mixture of both. If I couldnt be myself, in my natural form, than I didnt want to be anything at all.

"Oh god. " I said in my despair. There was no hope for escape.

There never was.

I glanced at him, he pursed his lips tightly and glared ahead, dragging me along the way. I tried to keep up, but he wouldent allow it on purpose. He wanted to hurt me. He wanted to see me struggle.

I almost tripped when I realized we had stopped. I glanced up to see him and then gasped when his lips were an inch away from mine. He startled up and put both his hands on my shoulders, adjusting me close to him. His eyes creased forward and he raised an eyebrow.

" Are you afraid ? " He asked, his voice was a soft whisper.

" Dont do this to me, please... " He smirked like he was satisfied with my terrefied answer. Then he dragged me by my arm again.

***

"Where are we? " I asked wiping my tears away; The breeze was chilly but it was stable and I could breath again. I looked ahead as he opened the gates to what appeared to be an old mansion. The grass surrounding the front yard had been dead, and seemed to have been for a while. The house was tall, with columns and arches. I stared in my sinking resignation, the way a prisoner does when he realizes he will never be free again.

"Your going to meet someone. "He said and let me go. He walked ahead of me, like he owned the world.

Inside the mansion was a taller man awaiting us. He was taller than Caleb, and more built. "Oscar, its been a long time." They hugged. "I asume this is her. " The man nodded towards me.

" Or so the Oracle has said." Caleb responded.

" Come closer, I want to meet you. " He told me, his voice was a soft velvet. I hesitated for a second, then I walked close enough for him to reach me if he wanted to.

" She dosent look like she would be..."

"I agree. "Caleb cut him off.

The man walked in my direction and smiled. " Whats your name, child?"

"Sarah. "

"Such an ordianry name..." Caleb muttered.

The mans light brown eyes were beautiful. It matched his silky brown hair. And his smile, it made me quiver with ease." My name is Oscar Deverix." He said. "I am Calebs younger brother. "

I glanced from Caleb to Oscar like I had been glancing into the night and into the day. "Yes we look quite different. "He chuckled. "Plus Im technicaly older." He looked at Caleb and then Calib smiled. And I watched with wide eyes as if though I had just witnessed the impossible occur.

" Caleb. You can go. " He looked at his brother.

. "Where is he going ? " I asked. Forever away, is what I secretely wanted to hear.

"To rest. " He answered. "Come, I will show you the mannor."

" You know...theres a room, just for you. " He stood infront of two doors.

"Is this it ? "I asked, too tired to pretend I was happy.

" Yes. " He opened them. " Tell me what you think. "

I walked inside and I was immediately taken a back by the beauty. The walls were a warm forrest green, with a large king sized bed fluffed with comforters and pillows. The night stand and the shelves of books were of a dark oak wood, and there was a subtle chandaleer that hung discretely from the tall ceilings. As I approached the bed, I noticed a Television in the corner of the room.

"I figured you would be like the rest of society. "He smiled gently. I fought the urge to jump up and down. "Thats great. "I said. I didnt want to sound happy. I would never let them think that it was okay what they were doing to me.

"Sit down. " He said and pointed towards the bed. He seemed so kind, so nice. I almost smiled. I almost thanked him. Almost.

" Caleb is reluctant to all this. "He began "But Caleb loved Lestat. He loved Lestat more than he loved Father." He added and I creased my eyebrows. "I thought Lestat was your father." I shook my head.

" Our fathers name was Samuel Deverix. " He informed me." But that is not for me to tell you. That is Calebs place. "

"I wont become like you." I emphasized wont.

" There is nothing you can do to make me." I wanted him to know, that I couldent be the prophet. I couldent because I would rather die than become something cold, something unatural, something unhuman. I would rather die than become something I so despicably felt horrified by.

" Oh Sarah. "He looked as if though he felt sorry for me. "You're afraid." He began.

"I was afraid too. But you have nothing to fear. When you learn to embrace your destiny, your strength will conquer all."

"Thats crazy... " I managed to say. Though I wish I would have said something smarter. "Everything that happens to you, everything that happens to Caleb, to all of us from now on is for a greater purpose.

What we are doing is something that Lestat fought for. Something that is now ineveitable." He continued. " You wouldent want something to happen to your loved ones, correct? "

"No! " I replied quickly with worried eyes . " Shh. " He put his finger on my lips. "This world is threatning beyond your wildest imaginations, Sarah." His voice was soft. " One of power and sacrifice."

"Sacrifice my life?"

" Oscar. Im going to take her home. " We both looked at the door. Caleb stood there looking amazing, his eyes sparkling like a diamond.

"Why ? " Oscar stood and I quickly wiped my tears.

"Lestat would have liked that." He said with an undertone. Then he looked down as if he was in deep thought. " If you think that is best. " Oscar padded his back. " Ill be back with her soon. "

He looked at me for a minute.

"Come, human. Were going to where it all began. "