13. Finale

One week later...

Demi's POV

     My real mother, Halle King, threw a 'Good Luck in College' party for all of us at Long Beach since we were starting classes next Monday. Ronnie was there as well. There was a bunch of party decorations and I met new family members I hadn't met before. My mother was remarried, so for the first time I had a father figure in my life. He was a really nice guy. His name was William Royce. 

    I smiled as I walked towards Chloe and Lanie. We all discussed what schools we were going to. "Oh, I'm moving to Flordia to study at UF for medicine," Lanie said as she grinned. "Is Omarion going with you?" Chloe winked. "I don't know yet, but he told me he wanted to study there too!" she squealed. I chuckled, "You guys are going to end up married, man," I smiled. "I don't know about that yet. I mean, I'm only 18," Lanie chuckled nervously.

"Oh, don't worry!" Chloe said softly.

     I giggled, "I'm going to Juilliard!" I said as I jumped up and down. Chloe grinned, "Meanwhile, I'm going to NYU," Chloe said softly. "Thank god. I wouldn't have any friends to be with!" I frowned.

"I'm going to miss you so much, guys," Lanie said as she hugged us.

"Chill, girl, we have a week. We're going to do so many things!" Chloe grinned.

    "And to think, just yesterday we were just strangers until that one day in 6th grade where Chloe and I hurt those girls for making fun of Lanie's ears," I giggled. Lanie pouted as she covered her ears and looked at us embarrassingly. "You know we love you, right?" I smiled. She nodded gladly, "So many memories," she laughed.

"Girl, let's go in the water!" Chloe said as she took off her shirt.

"Right behind you!" Lanie and I nodded as we did the same and ran towards the water.

------------------------------------------------

Ronnie's POV

     Omarion, Damian, and I were sitting down on the sand watching the girls mess around. "Wow, we're all so old," Damian sighed. I nodded, "Yeah, man. I know," I said softly. Omarion gasped, "You know I'm moving to Florida next week?" he laughed.

"For real?" Damian's eyes widened.

"Why, nigga?" I laughed.

"I'm going to live there with Lanie," he smiled.

I groaned, "You and your desperate love for Lanie!"

"Thirsty, much?" Damian snickered.

"Oh, shut the fuck up! I don't cry for her no more," Omarion laughed. 

"We all know you love Lanie!" Damian smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "A lot."

Omarion chuckled, "I want to be with her for the rest of my life!" he smiled.

     "Ugh, stop with all this love talk. I'm trying to forget the fact that Demi and I are going to break up soon!" I groaned. "What? Why?" Damian gasped. "I'm moving back to California tomorrow morning, remember?" I asked. 

"Oh, yeah," Omarion said.

"Exactly," I sighed.

"Why would that make you and Demi break up, nigga?" Damian asked harshly.

     "Because I asked her if she wanted to come with me and she said no. I asked her to see if we can try to do long-distance and she said no. I really don't know why. I mean, we're not over yet but it's going to happen soon," I said as I took off my shirt.

"Let's go after them," Omarion smirked pointing at the girls in the water.

     We all looked at each other and ran in the water after Demi, Chloe, and Lanie. Omarion picked up Lanie and spun her around as I hugged Demi and held her close. I'm going to miss her so much. She smiled and splashed water at my face, "Goof," she laughed as I picked her up and threw her in the water.

She gasped, "Asshole!" as she pushed me, making me fall.

I shook my head, "Girl, you tripping!" as I splashed water at her.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you more," I replied as I planted a big kiss on her lips.

     Damian and Chloe stared at us awkwardly and laughed. "Now, it's time for you two to kiss!" Omarion winked at Damian. "Chill, bro," Damian said as he shook his head. Chloe smiled, "Nah, he doesn't have to chill," she smirked.

We raised eyebrows at her.

"What do you mean, Chloe?" Damian asked nervously.

     Chloe winked at him as she pulled Damian close, wrapped her arms around him, and started making out with him at the spot. Our jaws dropped.

"What the fuck, Chloe?" Demi said joking around in disgust.

     Still kissing Damian, Chloe put the middle finger at us while Damian wrapped his arms around her waist. I smirked a little as I hugged Demi and realized something. When Omarion said he didn't cry for Lanie no more, it made me realize he was broken-hearted. It made me remember what the old man said at the hospital that night.

The broken-hearted do not cry anymore.

       It made me realize what that actually meant. Omarion really loved Lanie in a way like I loved Demi. Was I broken-hearted?

-----------------------------------------------

The next day....

    Demi and I were at my apartment, finishing up the last few bags and putting them in my car. She sighed, "I'm really goint to miss you," and hugged me. I hugged her back, "I'm going to miss you too," I said as I walked out of the apartment with her following behind. We walked towards the elevator and waited for the next available one to open. She shrugged as she pulled her sleeve down.

I looked at her in confusion but the elevator door opened so it startled me.

     After 30 seconds, we went down into the lobby and I saw all the people in the front desk waving at me goodbye. I put the last few bags in my car and turned around to find Demi looking at me.

"I hope you do good in California," she nodded politely.

"I love you, Demi King," I said with tears in my eyes.

She smiled with tears in her eyes too, "I love you more, Ronnie Banks."

"How are you going to get home, baby?" I asked her.

"My mom's picking me up. Don't worry," she nodded, wiping her tears.

"Okay," I nodded, "I guess this is goodbye, Demi," I said sadly.

"Goodbye, Ronnie," she said as she kissed me on the cheek.

     I nodded as I got inside my car and turned it on. Through the rearview mirror, I saw Demi walking away. It took me a while to turn on the car. I kept thinking about all of the memories I shared with her here. I thought about the first time we had sex, our first kiss, our first date. I thought about the moment I was reunited with her. The day everything came back together just to fall apart again. So many tears fell out of my eyes.  It finally came. I soon realized I wasn't broken-hearted and I did love Demi. I soon realized it was time to move on with our own lives. I knew I was going to make a big mistake that I'd regret later but I needed to experience another life again. Another life that doesn't involve New York City. I turned on the car and wiped the tears from my eyes as I slowly drove off and never looked back.

----------------------------------------------------

Should I write an epilogue? Yes or No?