07. Surprise

Ronnie's POV

     Omarion, Damian, Abel, and a lot of Demi's friends hid behind some trees to hide from her. It was her 18th birthday and we wanted to make it special, well at least I did. My phone started ringing, but I ignored it. I wanted to make this day special for Demi, even if she doesn't have feelings for me.

     Okay, so maybe I am developing a tiny little crush on my best friend, but hey things change. I'm not sure if I truly do love Selena anymore, but I don't want to lose her. She means more to me than anything in the world. Why am I acting so hypocritical? Whatever.

"Here she comes! Get down!" Lanie ran as she hid behind a tree with me and Omarion.

     I saw Demi walking inside the park entrance, wearing a crop top and high waisted shorts. All of a sudden, we bolted up.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday!" we shouted.

     Demi smiled so beautifully and hugged each one of us, "Thank you guys so much! This means a lot to me," she said as a tear of joy ran down her cheek. I ran towards her to catch it from falling, "You're welcome, beautiful." 

She started to smile. 

"Alright, so now that we all met up. I have the real party at my house!" I said as I winked at her.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I have a huge party waiting for you," I said softly.

"What are we waiting for?" Omarion said.

"Let's go." Lanie said, grabbing Omarion's hand.

     Soon, we arrived at my apartment. I invited a bunch of celebrities and a bunch of our old friends. They gladly all showed up. Unfortunately, someone I was jealous of showed up.

Abel.

He ran behind Demi and covered her eyes.

"Who is this?" she chuckled.

"Baby," I heard him whisper.

She gasped, "Baby, you're back from your concert! How was Canada?" 

"It was good. Look who I brought along!" he gestured pointing at Drake.

I heard Demi scream, "I love you, huge fan!"

Drake chuckled, "Happy birthday, Demi," and kissed her cheek.

--------------------------------------------------------

Demi's POV

     I've officially died. The man of my dreams kissed me on the cheek. Is this real life? Well, Abel is my boyfriend so I'm starting to doubt if this is real. I laughed to myself as Abel suddenly kissed me. I didn't feel right. It's like I wanted to pull away, but I didn't. Why was I feeling like this?

     Abel pulled away, "Baby, I'm going to sing something special for you. Wait," he said as he kissed me quickly and walked away.

     How romantic, I sarcastically thought. You don't tell someone you're going to sing for them! I laughed and walked towards Chloe, Lanie, and some of my old friends, Maria, Peyton, and Carrie.

"I still can't believe the Weeknd is your boyfriend," Maria said.

"He's my life," Peyton said.

"He's all Demi's, girl." Chloe joked.