12. The Competition

A/N: All of the performance's links will be posted in the comments. The only song that will be to the side is Chris Brown's performance of Try A Little Tenderness bc the scene where they're trying to get him off the stage is similar to the one you're about to read about. Enjoy. Long ass chapter, just saying.

-continued from 10-

"Juilliard?" Ronnie gasped.

I nodded, "I can't leave, Ronnie," I said softly.

"I understand," he nodded.

I looked at him with a shocked expression, "You do?"

     "Yeah. You have your life to live and I have mine. You can't turn something like Juilliard down," he sighed. I smiled softly, "Thanks for understanding," as I hugged him. He hugged me back, "So, tomorrow is the competition," he chuckled. "I know. I'm scared," I smiled. "Don't worry! You're going to do great," he smiled.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," I shrugged.

"Oh, don't say that!" He patted me on the back. 

     I shook my head and laughed. Tomorrow night was the competition. I was nervous. I honestly didn't care if I won or not and if I did, I still wouldn't be able to be on Ronnie's album. He was leaving for California and I was going to remain in New York. Ah, New York. It was so beautiful at night. I wondered who else was going to perform.

"Ronnie?" I called him in confusion.

"Yeah?" he looked down on me.

"Who else is performing?" I asked.

"Some celebrities, and a few unknowns," he sighed.

     I stood up and went back inside as I walked into the living room where I saw Omarion, Damian, Chloe, and Lanie on the couch, watching TV. "What are you guys watching?" I smiled as I sat on the couch with them. Ronnie went into the kitchen to get something to eat like always. 

"We're watching Supernatural!" Chloe cheered as the others groaned in frustration.

"Why so grumpy?" Ronnie jumped on the other couch.

"We all wanted to watch Insidious but Chloe refused," Lanie rolled her eyes.

Omarion chuckled, "It's not so bad, baby," he smiled at Lanie.

She kissed him on the cheek.

     "Hey, you two. Get a room!" Damian shouted as we all started laughing. "We're going to have to leave soon, guys," I reminded them. "Why?" Omarion asked. "Hello? Tomorrow is the competition and Queen B is supposedly a celebrity judge, right?" I said as I glared at Ronnie. He chuckled nervously, "Yeah...just for you, Dems," his eyes widened.

"Beyonce?" Chloe said shockingly.

"Oh my god!" Lanie started screaming.

"She's fierce!" I laughed.

     Damian turned on the stereo that was on top of the television as Bootylicious by Destiny's Child started playing.

"Kelly, can you handle this?" I said, singing along while staring at Lanie.

"Michelle," Lanie glared at Chloe jokingly, "Can you handle this?"

"Beyonceeeee," Chloe looked at me, "Can you handle this?"

"I don't think they can handle this!" we sang in unison.

     We started twerking and laughing, as all of the guys stared at us with their mouths dropped. We giggled and stopped the music. "Wow, we haven't had that much fun in a while!" Lanie exclaimed. "I know," I said softly. Soon, my smile faded. I missed the good old days when I used to be able to mess around with them. They were my best friends. At a point, we sort of drifted and I really didn't understand why but I'm glad we're now as close as ever.