09. Initiation II

Ronnie's POV

     I was so ecstatic because Demi and Abel broke up. Now, I actually had a chance to be her one and only. (Cheesy, I know) I awoke the next morning to find Demi sleeping right beside me. I remember the night before, we were watching the Fast and Furious movies until we fell asleep.

I looked at her phone sitting on the nightstand beside her. On the screen, it showed 41 messages from an unknown number and 19 voicemails. I read all the messages:

Dirty slut

Watch & you'll see

I'm gonna get you

Say goodbye to your normal life

My eyes widened. I heard all the voicemails.

     I thought all the messages were from Abel or Selena, but apparently not. They were from someone else. In all the voicemails, the person speaking had a husky voice and he sounded like an older man. I suddenly became scared. An older man was going after my girlfriend. I couldn't let this happen so I woke her up.

"Dems, baby," I whispered, slowly shaking her.

Her eyes opened and she yawned.

"We need to leave here now," I said urgently.

"Why?" she said with a groggy voice.

"Someone's threatening you," I explained.

     Demi looked at me with a weird expression, but then realized I was being serious. She grabbed her phone that was in my hand and started reading all the messages. I noticed that she was about to cry, so I held her close.

"I'm scared, baby," she cried softly on my shoulder.

"I am too," I said comfortingly as I squeezed her tighter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Demi's POV

     I immediately let go of Ronnie as I placed my phone in my purse. I jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom to change my clothes. It was a white blouse from Hollister and dark jeans. I ran out and looked at Ronnie with a smirk, "Let's go."

I grabbed Ronnie's hand and we ran out the door.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"Out of here," I said as I ran for the elevator, holding him by the hand.

He smiled at me, "We obviously know your house isn't safe."

"I know, baby but where else can we go?" she sadly stopped.

"Hey, how 'bout Lanie's house?" he asked.

"Lanie's still in the hospital," I softly reminded him.

"Chloe's?" he asked once again.

"Uh," I thought, "Yeah!" as I reached for my phone and called her.

"Hello?" she sweetly said.

"I need your help," I said.

"Anything, girl," she said.

"Do you have room for Ronnie, Damian, Omarion, Maria Deree, and I in your house?" I slowly asked.

"Um, what room don't I have?" she chuckled.

"It's an emergency. I may need to stay there for a long while. I'll explain everything when we get there," I said. 

"Get over here now!" she chuckled as she hung up.