Chapter 45

Next few days Virat was busy playing cricket non stop with almost no break and Ditya engrossed herself in work like never before not given herself a chance to miss Virat even a single bit.

Distance was taking a toll on both of them. Ditya always knew Virat is a terrible person to communicate over phone he just goes out of words after a certain duration of call. They tried face timing each other but some of the times she was busy the other times he use to busy.

Ditya was so happy with the way he was performing these days. Even the team was doing excellent. Today he scored a whopping 107,the team did well and they won the series.

She tried calling him but his phone was off that was enough for her to know that he must be busy with the post match press con

She tried calling him but his phone was off that was enough for her to know that he must be busy with the post match press con. The thing he hated most or to be precise the thing annoyed him the most.

Ditya quickly typed a text to him..

D: “ congratulations captain. Proud of you. Call me once you are done will all your duties.”

She was going through her social media and found his picture perfect with the trophy. That hint of shine in his brown orbs automatically brought a smile on her face. She uploaded a picture of his where he was playing a cover drive and captioned it perfectly.

 She uploaded a picture of his where he was playing a cover drive and captioned it perfectly

“The best of all no one is even near when he plays this. The only thing I love as much as I love you is this cover drive of yours husband.😘”

As Virat returned to his room it was already past mid night. The press conference then a mini celebration with team mates then a discussion of next game plane with coach and team had took a lot of his time and energy. He switched on his phone to find a cute message from his wife and a perfect picture of his uploaded by her.

He replied quickly " thank you. You are mu strength and my weakness too."

He immediately dialled her number but disconnected as soon as he realized she must be sleeping by now instead he dropped her a good night message with a promise to give her a call in the morning.

In past few days there was something strange in Virat’s behaviour. He was always cranky. People have started saying the pressure of being  a full time captain is affecting him. Though he played some decent innings but was not able to score much in last two matches. The another cause of worry for him was the random calls he was getting asking to fix the matches he played. He made sure to file a complained with police for the same and to inform the board about it.