Chapter 8

(Edited)

Virat’s POV

The day went really well after that.  I got to know so much about her. The way she played with Ziva and the level of comfort she had with her I can say She loved kids. She loved almost all the sports and had fare knowledge of cricket and football. It was around 5pm and we were just sitting and chatting about everything and nothing. To be specific Mahi bhai Bhabhi and ditya were chatting while I was the silent spectator.

Msd: Ditya must say how you even find time to follow this amount of sports.

D: you don’t really have to put in effort if you love something.

Sak: Smart answer Diti. Now tell me one thing who is your favourite sportsman?

D: Cristiano Ronaldo

Sak: you think you are that smart? You tried really great not to answer this but I am not letting you go like that. Tell me who is your favourite Cricketer?

D: I like all of them. Not specific.

Msd: Not specific or you don’t want to tell??

I got attentive to this part of conversation. I wanted to know who it is. I think she will take Mahi bhai’s name. But still there were a little hope in me. I wanted her to take my name.

D: It’s nothing like that.

Sak: than tell us.

D: you already know. Don’t you?

Msd: But I don’t know.

D: I like Mr Kohli for his aggression, dedication and passion for the sport.

What did she just said? OMG I am so happy right now. She did not said something I was unaware of but for me it was important for her to take my name. Oh god.

V: thank you Miss sharma.

D: that was earned. You deserve it.

Msd: really you are his fan Ditya?

Sak: fan? Its such an understatement Mahi. I bet you ask her his past 10 games score and she will tell you the same without a miss. You ask her the no of time he won man of the match in which games against whom she will tell you that as well.

As sakshi Bhabhi said that I saw a hint of blush on her face.She was such a big fan of mine. And I was so glad to know that. I was doing a victory dance from within.

D: stop it sakshi. Stop spilling out my secretes and embarrassing me.

Ditya’s POV

This best friend of mine is spilling out all my secrets that to in front of him.

Its so damn embarrassing.

V: Thank you Miss sharma.

I heard him say. This “Miss sharma” thing was killing me. It sounds so formal and i don’t like these formalities. We had to work together in two days he can’t keep calling me that.

D: Mr. Kohli, can you please call me Ditya. Miss Sharma kind of irritates me. I mean....

He cut me off....

V: only in one condition if you call me virat.

D: ok Virat

V: ok ditya..

We had dinner together and after that we clicked few pictures and I called it a day and came back to my house. I had lots to do in coming two days.

This day has completely changed the direction of my life. But I was more then ready for the next chapter of my life.

Two days went just like that. It was not easy for me to wind up all the things in two days, but some how I tried doing it. Once I was assured that I am done with it. I called uncle.

D: hello uncle. How are you?

Su: I am good beta. How are you?

D: good too. Just finished with winding up everything.

Su: ok. So all set for the new responsibilities which awaits you.

D: yes uncle. Tell me where you want me to come and at what time?

Su: lets meet at Virat’s place at 8.30 in the morning. We all will go to the office together from there.

D:ok uncle please text me the address.

Su: ok. See you tomorrow.

D:ok uncle bye. See you.

Virat’s POV

Two days went like that. Nothing new happened in those two day. As we didn’t had any series coming up in next 45 day. I was just doing my usual workout in morning and cricket practice in the evenings and the rest of the day was spent playing games on my Xbox , eating and sleeping. The only new thing that happened was me and Ditya started following each other on social network. I went through almost all her posts and that girl I must tell you she not only beautiful and intelligent but also queen of saas and comebacks. The more I am knowing this girl the more smitten I am.

As soon as I was about to hit the bed I saw a notification.

I was tagged in a picture by Ditya Sharma. I opened the picture quickly to see which one it could be.

It was a picture from the time we spent at Dhoni’s. In the picture uncle and aunty were sitting on the couch Mahi bhai and Sakshi Bhabhi were standing behind them and me and Ditya were sitting on the floor right in front with Ziva in her arms. It was such an adorable picture. She took it as a selfie. The only word which came to my mind was “picture perfect”.

She quoted it “Amazing throwback of an amazing day spent with family and friends. Its always good to be surrounded with so much love and affection. #family #dayspentwell” she is so good with words.

I saw the likes and comments coming in like crazy. Almost half of my team mates have liked and commented as well. And most of the comments read “is that virat next to you can’t believe it”.

I just liked the picture and commented “a day spent well. Picture perfect".

And with that i went to sleep. Awating the next morning to meet my sunshine