Chapter 19

"Really?" I asked,"How come you haven't been taking better care of it?"

"Bad memories." He said plainly before walking to the trunk and pulling out bags.

"Let's go in. We leave first thing tomorrow morning."Dominique said caring both of our bags inside.

I followed him inside my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Dominique, what happened in this house?" I asked creeping up behind him. He knew I was there but he stopped walking when I asked him. He looked down and stared at the floor. I walked up in front of him and picked up his head so he was looking at me.

"Tell me," I said looking at him straight on.

"I'll tell you once we get to our room," Dominique said giving in after a few seconds.

"Okay, where's it at?" I asked before he kept walking and I followed him.

"Here,"Dominique said opening up a door to show a room that was definitely not his parents.

"My old room. I knew there would be a couch in here." Dominique said setting our bags down. 

The walls were covered in posters of star wars and Superheros. There was a bed in the corner and a couch along the opposite wall. Dominique sat down on the couch and folded his hands. I shut the door and went and sat next to him.

"Tell me," I said rubbing his back.

"It all started when I was 5," He said. "My dad got back into drinking. He was usually drunk, and that's not easy for a 5-year-old to understand.  He would beat my mom, my sister who was 3 at the time, and I. That lead me to go to fighting classes.  I was able to dodge most of the punches and hands he would throw, but my mom wasn't as lucky. One day, when I was about 15, she got really sick. We didn't have the money to bring her to the doctor because my dad had spent all the money on his addiction. She died in 2 weeks.  My dad continued to beat me and I blamed him while he blamed me for the death of my mom.  When I turned 17 and my sister was 15, we ran off. I went and lived wherever we could. I got a job and started to get money. We got an apartment when I was 18. I went to college and started my own pack. Now I'm where I am. My dad died a few years ago after he ran out of money for his addiction and committed suicide. I got the house and haven't been here since. My sister got married and left my pack to join his."

I stopped rubbing his back and stared at him.

"You poor thing. I may not like my dad the best but at least I have a relationship with him. My mom died when I was 5 and Aiden was 6.  She also had gotten sick. She was like Hope is now for a week before she was gone. I blamed my dad and still did until what happened to Hope. I now see it wasn't his fault. Your father might not be here, but you still need to make peace with him." I said as Dominique looked at me in admiration.

"I guess your right, thanks." He said still looking at me.  Next thing I knew his soft silky lips briefly touched mine. He pulled away and I felt myself blush.

"We'd better get your clothes packed into your duffel bag, we leave early tomorrow." He said standing up and walking over to where he set the bags.

"Yeah." I said standing up and walking over as well,"But I got to do it myself."

"Okay fine.  Want something to eat?" Dominique asked as he walked over to the door.

"Uhm... you got cake?" I asked starting to unpack my suitcase into the duffel bag I brought.

"I can make that happen. What kind?" Dominique asked chuckling. 

"Uhh..... Cheesecake." I said stopping packing to look at him,"Don't mess it up."