Adam looks at me knowingly. I told him about Melissa before. I explained that she broke me and my boyfriend up. I sort of left out who my boyfriend was, or the part about how we got back together. But he doesn’t need to know that. Little details….

“Yeah twins can be obnoxious,” he agrees.

I find it a little weird how we’re both twins. Coincidental maybe. In my eyes it’s just another thing we have in common. Another thing we can both relate to. Another thing Adam and I share that Harry and I don’t. I guess you could say it helps me justify my actions in a way.

“I’m sure Owen is a hell of a lot better than Melissa. Trust me.”

“I don’t know. He can be pretty bad sometimes.”

“Melissa’s never nice. Ever. She’s malicious and deceiving and…” I shake my head to discontinue my rant. “Sorry. She just really gets me angry.”

“All because she ruined that one relationship?” He raises his eyebrows. “The guy must’ve meant a lot to you…”

“Well, yeah. He did. But that doesn’t matter anymore. I’ve…moved on.”

Lies, lies, lies.

Adam smiles at me and we talk for a bit longer until my phone rings.

“Shoot,” I say, checking the caller ID to see Harry’s name. “That’s my mother. I have to take this. Do you mind?”

“No, not at all,” he says, standing up. “I should probably go anyways. Just wanted to drop by to tell you about the tickets and Owen. I’ll see you later.” I stand and kiss him goodbye. “I know the way out. Have fun talking with your mum,” he smiles and leaves me alone in my room.

I quickly press answer and hold the phone to my ear, glancing down the stairs to see Adam shut the front door behind him.

“Hey babe,” I say.

“Hey,” Harry replies happily. “How’s your day going?”

“Alright,” I reply, checking out my window to see Adam pull out of the driveway. “I haven’t really done much today besides eat and watch movies.” Partly true.

“Sounds fun,” he jokes. “The lads and I haven’t done much either. Been on the road most of the morning.”

“Is that Nicole?” I hear Niall ask from the background.

“HI NICOLE!” Louis yells. I laugh.

“Hi boys!” I call back. I could only hear their chatter from the other end.

I only caught parts of sentences with Harry saying something along the lines of, “Can’t I talk to my girlfriend in peace?!” which naturally only made me laugh more.

Clueless, both of them. Neither has any idea what’s really going on. Adam thinks I was single when I met him, and Harry thinks I’ve stayed loyal. I’ve been playing this game for the past three weeks and have managed to be fairly successful at it. But certain questions arise. Questions I don’t know the answers to.

When will this game end?

And more importantly, who will win?

AUTHORS NOTE

OH MY GOSH I HAVE A RANT: alright so over this past weekend i got netflix (woo netflix :D) and I saw this show called The Fosters and I thought it was interesting so I started watching it and NOW IM FLUCKING ADDICTED. but anywhore ITS JUST LIKE MY STORY LIKE OH MY GOSH I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW SIMILAR IT WAS. {spoiler alert} the girl Callie moves into this foster home and Brandon (her new foster brother) falls for her and ITS JUST SO CUTE BECAUSE THEN SHE ENDS UP IN A GROUP HOME AND HE RISKS EVERYTHING TO SEE HER BECAUSE THEYRE IN LOVE I JUST CANT EVEN TAKE THE ADORABLENESS. {spoiler over} but anywhore. its much better than my story but I dont want anyone thinking I tried copying it or whatever :3 i literally didnt even know about it until like Sunday so yeah. ANYWHORE its only been like a day since my last update you're welcome omg i just want to get this story on the road because i have stuff planned and i cant wait for yall to read it >:) plus this is short. so yeah. ENJOY! thanks so much for reading and i love you so much<3