To defy is to love (52)

"Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heartbreak but you made me who I am."

p a r t   f i f t y   t w o 

D e f y i n g   T h e   A l p h a

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GranzowJordan

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/

Ask.Fm: http://ask.fm/account/wall

Business Email Only: jordan.granzow05@gmail.com

Fan Email: jordan.granzow1@gmail.com

     "You tricked us!" One of the guards shouted at me. Their faces were red in anger, such anger is powerful, too powerful.

"Yeah, I did." I said. Easy, cockiness gets you nowhere. "You were dumb enough to fall for it. How stupid can you be? Why would I run across the open field where you guys were standing guard?"

Their faces turn to red in anger to embarrassment real quick. "How did you know that we were going to fall for it?"

"I didn't." I said.

They look at me in surprise. "You're nuts." One said.

I smile wickedly at him. "You got that right." With that, I spin on my heels and run away from the mutts. I have to find my friends and make sure they're alright.

I run for awhile until the house comes into view. It is not what I expected, the place is literally burned to the core. It's black, fallen apart. The thing that sickens me the most is the amount of dead bodies loitering. I don't know if they are my friends or the pack.

I rush over to the area. It's awful, the smell, the view, it's treacherous.

Suddenly, I hear my name being called. I run to the back of the burnt house where my friends are, and of course the two alpha's I was dreading aside from Codine, Adrian and Atlas.

"I can explain," I get cut off by Adrian's anger voice.

"Save it, you are so stupid."

I stumble back slightly. "What do you mean, I'm stupid?"

"You seriously shouldn't have done that." Atlas said while shaking his head.

"Why not?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"This is going to cause an uproar in the council." Adrian growled out.

"So? This should come to their attention. Codine was keeping innocent girls locked up!" I exclaimed in rage.

Atlas walks up to me and grabs my shoulders. "Listen to me, this isn't right, the council won't see it as a tit for tat. They won't see you as a hero, they will see you as a killer. There is no living proof, it won't matter."

I shake my head. "No there has to be something. I did what I had to. I wasn't going to allow these girls to live in fear any longer."

Atlas growls angrily. "No! You can't use that as an excuse. You did this for nobody but yourself."

I push him angrily. "You don't know what you're talking about! I didn't only do this for myself, okay?"

"Really, then why did you have them bomb the place up and you run away like a coward." Adrian butted in.

I look at him and glare. "I lead the guards away so these girls wouldn't get hurt. I knew I could outrun them and if they for some miraculous reason I could fight them off, they couldn't."

Adrian scoffs. "Keep using that as an excuse."

"Would you guys knock it off. Angel did nothing wrong, we all did this, not just her." Jane said sticking up for me.

Adrian sighs deeply, while Atlas just looks at the ground.

"You guys can't seriously believe that I am a bad person." I said while staring at the guys.

Adrian looks up at me and then to the house "You burned a house down with innocent people inside it out of spite."

"You have no place to judge me! You kill innocent people all the time! You are far worse then me and have no right to judge me." I scream at him.

I can feel tears build up behind my eyes as I stare at Adrian, who is staring at me in disgust.

"I know what I do. I don't want you to have this lifestyle! I don't want you to think killing someone out of spite is fun, or okay." Adrian said in dangerously calm tone.

One tear falls down my face, I wipe it away immediately. "You don't get to decide that, I do."

Adrian runs a hand over his face in annoyance. "Knock it off, Angel."

"Or what, you gonna chain me up again?" I taunted, making sure to add a sickly sweet smile.

Adrian's face morphs into anger. "Watch it, Angel."

"Or what?" I challenged.

Adrian marches over to me and grabs my arm roughly. He leans into me and brushes his lips against my ear. My heart begins racing wildly at the closeness. The air was growing with tension and my panic probably didn't help. All I could smell was him, all him.

"You feel that? The beating of your heart, the nervousness? This is what will happen if you double cross me, I will mark you and make you mine, my little Angel, don't test me." Adrian threatened quietly.

My breath hitches in my throat. What is he doing? Is he trying to teach me a lesson by using the mate bond?

"Defy." The voice whispered to me. The voice stretched out the word and made it more ghostly, haunting.

I suck in a deep breath of air and exhale. I move back a little so I can look in Adrian's eyes. I move my face closer to his, so close that our noses are touching. My lips hover over his as we keep eye contact. Every bone in my body is screaming at me to run, to get as far away from him as possible.

When I realize Adrian isn't going to move I move closer, my lips feather over his. One more move and I'll be kissing him. We maintain eye contact for what seems like ever. I can see all the confused emotions dancing in his eyes. He's struggling with what to do.

Suddenly, Adrian steps back and shakes his head. "Whatever."

I smirk internally.

"To defy is to love."

To defy him, I make him fall in love with me.