<<Part Twelve>>

"I will burn, I will burn for you. With fire and fury, my heart hurts, my heart hurts for you." -Skillet

p a r t t w e l v e

D e f y i n g T h e A l p h a

///

The leaves crunched under my feet as I walked making me scrunch my face in fear. I didn't want to come across anything dangerous, I wanted to get to the Chaos pack and be done with it.

For me, it never is that simple.

As the sun began to fade away and the darkness made its appearance something became off to me. My gut was warning me of danger that was lurking in these woods, but I being well me, decided to ignore it and continue to venture through the dark woods.

As I walk forwards and suddenly loose my balance a hand snatches my waist and suddenly covers my mouth so I couldn't scream. Fear coursed through my veins as I began to thrash in my predators arms. I could hear more footsteps advance towards me and the culprit.

"Drew, what did you find?" A female voice asked.

The man named Drew grabbed onto me tighter. "A young she-wolf, she looks pretty powerful." This Drew guy said to the female.

"Let the girl go, she won't run if she is smart." The woman said calmly.

"Amena!" Drew exclaimed but for some reason he let me go anyways.

I looked around startled to see so many wolves with their glowing eyes glaring at me. They look insanely strong and well-kept, my guess is that they were not rogues.

"Hello young Angel, I can see the confusion etched on your face for I promise in time I will explain to you just why I am here." The woman named Amena said with a kind smile. Even in the darkness I could tell Amena was gorgeous, I could see her long hair was golden. She was taller than me and slim, I couldn't see her face very well besides her piercing, green eyes.

After admiring her beauty I realized that she said my name. "How do you know me?" I asked with a shiver of fear snaking down my spine. Amena smiled at me, but her smile was not one you give when happy, it was a smile that held much more to it. "In time you'll know. We have a message for you." Amena said.

"A message?" I asked in utter confusion.

Amena nodded and stepped a little closer to me. "Not the type of message you think, a prophecy." Amena paused and looked directly into my eyes causing my heart to beat rapidly. "For the one who runs from the beast is the one who will tame it, the beast can't be tamed unless the master tames it."

Tame? Beast? Who? "What on Earth are you talking about?" I asked growing irratated.

"The one you are running from." Suddenly Amena and her wolves vanish into thin air. It was as if they never were there.

What could she mean? I'm supposed to tame Adrian? How does she propose I do that if I am on the run from him?

Then it dawns on me, she wants me to return to him.

As if the odds were against me I heard it, I heard the howl that I dreaded.

The howl that belonged to Adrian Nixon.