Sarah sighed and shook her head, helping me finish breakfast. While I made the hash browns while drowning in my thoughts, she made the eggs and bacon. I was so busy thinking that I didn't even realize I had over fried one of the hash browns, causing it to burn. Sarah gasped when the smell hit her nose and she turned off the stove, shoving the smoking pan in the oven. "Maggie, obviously something is bothering you. Never in your life have you burnt food." I opened my mouth to spit out another lie but nothing came out. I sighed and shook my head, walking to Graham and taking him with me back upstairs. As I sat on the rug with him to play with his stuffed toys my phone buzzed.

  Morning Maggie Mouse.

  It took me awhile to decide whether or not I should reply. Luke didn't do anything wrong, but right now as wasn't really in the mood for much.

  You can't be rude Maggie. Where are you manners? Of course my conscience would guilt trip me. I sighed and typed on a simple response.

  Morning.

  I put my phone to the side, grabbing one of Graham's toys and attacking him with it as he burst out into one of those cute yet contagious laughs that only babies can seem to do. His laughing managed to distract me for awhile, but there was some part of me that kept nagging.

What if I run into him again?

What if he's stalking me right now?

He doesn't want anything else from me, does he?

No, he-

My phone chimed again and I picked it up; unlocking it to read the message.

Are you feeling better?

I sent him a curt reply that I was and resumed playing with Graham, but only to have my phone chime right after.

Did I do anything wrong?

I furrowed my eyebrows at the sudden question.

No.

And that's when my phone started ringing. I groaned in frustration as I pulled at my hair and answered the call. "Hey Luke." I shouldn't have answered. He was gonna know something was up after hearing my voice, but then again if I didn't answer he would grow suspicious.

"Maggie if I did something yesterday please tell me now." I opened my mouth to answer him but nothing came out. It's a beautiful night to take advantage of.

  "Maggie." I blinked and looked at Graham as Luke's voice filled my ears. He was on his back, trying to get one of his feet in his mouth. He'll eat his feet but he won't eat baby food? "Sorry, what?"

  "Maggie what's wrong?" I sighed and helped Graham back up. He started to fuss since I made his feet go farther away from his mouth, but then he leaned his head all the way down and managed to bite his foot, or at least try since he was barely teething.

  "Luke, I'm fine. I'm just a little distracted. Um, I'm trying to get back on my normal routine with Graham."

  "You hesitated."