Ch. 24: Do U Dirty

Start from the beginning

----------///

"What do you mean, Lauren knows?"

"Just what I said, my dad said that Regina and Lauren were looking for us and somehow they ended up at the hotel. She knows, Mani."

"Fuck. Ok, well, don't talk to her yet, I'll take care of it."

"How, Mani?"

"Don't worry about it, just lay low. I'll hit you up later to let you know how it goes."

"I guess..."

"By Finah Jane."

Dinah shakes her head with a smile, "Bye Ferraro Roche."
------///

"Hi, Mama J, is Lauren home?" Normani asks, a big, fake smile on her face.

"Oh, hi Mani! Yes, but I must warn you, she's in a terrible mood for some reason. Maybe you can help?"

Normani chuckled, "Of course, can I go up or should I wait?" Mani was merely asking for show, she knew this house like the back of her hand.

"No, girl go on up there. You know this is your second home. Just, maybe be a little quiet today? Mike has a terrible migraine."

Mani's eyebrows shot up, "Um.... oh...sure. So, I'll be going upstairs now. Thanks, Mama J."

Normani walks up the stairs, taking a deep breathe before knocking on Lauren's door.

"Mom, I don't need a Vicodin, I'm just pissed off! You, know, normal teenager stuff!"

Mani made her signature what-the-fuck face, before shaking her head and internally saying "white people shit."

"Hey, Lo, mind opening the door?"

Lauren shot up, pulling her door open. "You got some fucking nerve coming over here."

"Simmer down, I just want to talk to you."

"Talk? What the fuck is there to talk about? You're a fucking hoe, just like Ally said!"

Normani places her hand on her hip, before forcefully pushing Lauren into her room and slamming her door.

"Bitch, what the hell did you just call me?"

"A hoe, h to the o and ending with an e!"

"Bit-"

"Girls! A little more quiet, please?" Mike asked, yelling through the door.

"Sorry Dad!"

"Anyway, clearly you must've hit your head, so let's try this again. I want to talk, about everything. Is that cool with you or are you gonna keep calling me names?"

"I'm sorry, you fucked my best friend so it's obvious that you're a hoe. Like what other word or description can I give that situation?"

"Ok, lets do it your way. First off, we aren't together anymore, we also weren't together when I fucked your best friend. Secondly, we had just had a fight where you accused me of fucking Camila. You have never trusted me because you can't even trust yourself, Lauren. You've never had a girl like me before, I get it, but I'm not an easy girl, Lo. I am head-strong, I can fuck just as many girls as you can, I'm a princess, moody as hell, and a strong, black woman. Also, until I'm your girlfriend again, I can do what I want or who I want."

"But why did you have to fuck Dinah? To make a point? To hurt me? Like why?"

"Cause she's bad as fuck and I know her. I also know that she can handle one offs and not get in her feelings. Look, you hurt me. I was yours and I wasn't entertaining anyone. Then for you to ever think I'd fuck your friend....well....it pissed me off and so I did that exact thing with Dinah. I figured, since you swear I do that, why don't I? Was it wrong? Sure, sort of...but technically I didn't cheat on you and we weren't together when it happened. Did I know it would hurt you if you found out? Yes, and I did it anyway because I was hurt."

"Normani, that's not how you handle things. You could've just say you were hurt. I don't even know what to think or feel cause I honestly have never been on this side of this. I guess it's Karma?"

"Maybe, but I'm sorry for fucking Dinah, though. Even though I was deeply hurt, I didn't have to. So, yeah. I understand if you don't want to try this again. So, I guess, I'll see you around?"

"Mani, you're such a bitch, but.....I have done stupid shit many a time, so if you can promise not to ever do that again, and be mine, for real, for real then I want you back."

"Really? Like... for real? Can you trust me even after I did you dirty?"

"I can try, but I swear you can't workout with Dinah like ever again, and I wish I could beat her ass but she's huge and Allysus swears I'd get my ass beat trying to fight her so....it's probably true."

"Yeah....Dinah is not the one."

"She should at least apologize."

"I'm sure she will. She wanted to talk to you but I asked her to wait until I did. I'm really sorry, Lo. That was really petty of me but I promise Old Mani is retired."

"Really? She better be, and what's this about your team of side pieces?"

"Right, well, I'll see you tomorrow baby!"

"Mani! Hey! Get back here!"