Ch. 2 Wrong Cuban

Lauren couldn't concentrate. It was futile to even begin to try. There were a couple of reasons for this lack of concentration, more like a couple of people to blame. Lauren licked her dry lips, her eyes moving from her fine English teacher Ms. Union to the beautiful chocolate goddess to her right, Normani.

"You know, you could at least pretend to be subtle, green eyes," Normani sassed. She had a slight frown on her face, clearly annoyed.

Lauren blushed, looking away from Normani to her desk.

"So, your eyes aren't actually glued to me? Good to know, how about you keep them there."

Lauren blinked a few times, trying to wake up from this nightmare of a situation. Usually girls loved when she looked at them, but Normani acted as if her eyes were burning her.

"Ralph.....pssssst...Ralph!"

Lauren, thankful for the interruption, turned her head around to give her bestfriend her attention.

"I just wanted to let you know, you look like a damn fool."

Shocked, and slightly offended, Lauren flipped Dinah off, yet again, and stared back at Ms. Union. At least she could stare at her teacher without any shame or sass.

"Glad to see you're paying attention for once, Ms. Jauregui. What, am I boring you?" Ms. Union asks, crossing her legs as she leans against her desk in front of the girl.

It's at this moment, Lauren knows that somewhere and somehow she has royally fucked up. Why does she deserve this continual abuse from the two girls?

"Uh....I've been paying attention," Lauren replies, trying to steady her voice to at least try and sound like its normal, raspy and confident tone.

She can hear Normani snort beside her in disbelief at her words but she ignored the petty, but gorgeous girl.

"Oh, really? If you paid attention then what's the first assigned reading for the class?" Ms. Union asks, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow and crossing her arms.

Lauren gulps, she's positive it's audible and she can feel each set of eyes on her. Maybe her subconscious was paying attention? She pauses for a second but nope, she has no idea what their assigned reading is.

"Lauren? I need an answer. If you don't know, just say it and next time don't lie to my face."

Lauren hears a few giggles and ooo's from her classmates but she really can't blame them. "I don't know the assigned reading, Ms. Union. Sorry for not paying attention and lying about it."

Ms. Union sighs, "See me after class, alright?"
---------

"Hoiiii, your ass got called the fuck out! I was so experiencing second-hand embarrassment..well between my bouts of laughter."

Lauren groans, slamming her locker shut as she switches out her textbooks. "I'm so embarrassed, DJ. Like, not only did the hottest teacher ever, like make a fool out of me, but she did it in front of the new girl.

"Oooo, got your eye on Normanei?"

"It's Normani, Dinah. Pronounced Nor-Mon-E."

"Damn girl, that pronunciation solid and everything. Well, why you're over here sounding out shit, try and pronounce the word taken, cause that's what you are."

Speaking her girlfriend into existence, Raven spots Lauren down the hall and excitedly runs up to her.

"Baby!"

"Oop! That's my cue to leave. Bye bitches!" Dinah yells, closing her locker and locking her lock before twirling away.

"Hey, Raven," Lauren greets, leaning down to give her girlfriend a light peck on her lips.