To Understand

Mel had made herself comfortable in Pamela's office, but she couldn't deny that the young woman was useful. She had put up all of her files in alphabetical order while humming a song with a sucker in her mouth. She was fast and bouncy, however she didn't say much.

Pamela called Dr. Arkham, who made it quite clear he wasn't overly fond of the woman's happy attitude so he shoved her off on Pam.
Her first meeting with Harley Quinn was in thirty minutes. Pamela worried her lip in between her teeth, she wouldn't deny her nerves however it was mostly excitement.

Pamela loved to understand her patients, she liked to worm her way into their minds and unravel them to the point of primitive motivation. She would of course rebuild them in a positive light, and most of her patients were better now.

There were a few who wouldn't help themselves of course, but that was rarely. Pam was good at her job. She was also good at keeping plants alive and drinking wine.

She stole a glance at the clock on her wall, "Mel, I have an appointment- if you want to head home you can."

Melody blinked, "Oh of course, I need to finish stapling these papers. But I'll get out of your hair soon."

"Thanks- have a goodnight Mel."

Pamela fixed her bun and shut the door behind her. She flexed her hands a few times before heading down the hallway and down a flight of stairs.

She found her way to the treatment room and met the guards at the door. They checked her badge and one offered a few words of advice.
"What ever you do- don't get scared, and don't react."

She nodded with a slight unease as she entered the room, the heavy metal door slamming behind her. She sat down at the silvery table, placing her hands on the surface.

A buzzer sounded and she knew her patient was entering.

"Hey there Red, come here often?"