To Begin

A final coat of a soft pink lipstick and Pamela dropped the tube into her bag. Her glasses were perched on her nose as she adjusted them and walked into the main entrance into Arkham. The drab grey of everything was off putting, however Arkham was not a pleasant place for even less pleasant inhabitants. The place wasn't even a normal looking hospital on the outside either, it appeared to look like a haunted mansion from the outside.

Her short heels clicked on the polished concrete floors of the winding corridor, her map had said the third door on her left.

So Pamela entered the designated door and retrieved the badge Mr. Anderson said would be waiting for her.
He wasn't entirely correct, she had to have her picture taken and the ID was printed on a hard card that she would clip to the white uniform coat. It was simple lab coat with the Arkham Logo stitched into the front pocket.

The director of operations, her boss that was most certainly not Mr. Anderson greeted her outside the third room on the left. Dr. Jeremiah Arkham was the director, and if she recalled correctly related to the founder. It was almost obvious due to his surname.

The man was like a walking skeleton with a bowl cut. His age was hard to place since he had no balding patches and his wrinkles were minimum. That being said he did not look youthful. His skin was stretched to the extreme over his face as mouth was set in a default looking scowl and bags gathered under his eyes.

He was most certainly unnerving. Pamela cleared her throat to get his attention and extended her hand in greeting.
"Hello, I am Dr. Pamela Isley. I was informed you would be giving me an introductory tour?" Pamela tucked an escaping strand of hair behind her ear.

Dr. Arkham gave her a quick once over before shaking her hand.
"A pleasure Dr. Isley, I assume you are aware who I am?"

"Yes Dr. Arkham."

The spindly man let his lips curve up slightly.
"If you would, follow me, Doctor."

Jeremiah Arkham led her around the asylum, showing her were everything was located before he began explaining what she would be doing.
"As this is not the first time in the field you will be assigned two patients to work with. I will decide which of our patients. You will counsel them, and rehabilitate them."

"Rehabilitation?" Pamela asked, because that was absurd.

"Absolutely, we aim for complete stability and integration back into society."

The redhead paused, her eyebrows pinching together.
"But Doctor, these are dangerous criminals- and you aim for reintegration into society? That doesn't scream dangerous to you?"

He glanced in her direction. "That is not the first time I have heard that argument Dr. Isley, but I'm a firm believer in a stern hand and medicine can cure anything."

This man was absolutely insane. Insane.

Pamela on blinked and stared forward. This new start was looking more and more like a journey down a road filled with migraines.