To Judge

Harley was waiting patiently at the table when Pam walked in the door.

"Oh Red, always so good to see you sugar."

Pamela smiled and adjusted her glasses, she pulled out the metal chair and sat in front of her patient.

Harley rattled her chains as she brushed off her orange jumpsuit and gave her a gleaming smile.

"Always so well dressed Red, green suits you. Quite complimentary if you ask me,"

"Thank you, Harley." She cleared her throat leaning back into her chair. "Anything you want to talk about today?"

Harley shrugged her pigtails bouncing with her shoulders. "Not really. I don't have anything floating around." Harley sucked on her teeth, "That's not entirely true."

Pam lifted an eyebrow and clicked her pen. "Is that so?"

Harley leaned forward. "Yeahhh Red. You got me thinkin'."

Pamela tilted her head prompting her to continue.

"So, do you really think I can be fixed? Like up in here?" Harley tapped her temple with her index finger. "I don't want any meds. I just don't.  But do you think I still could do it?"

Pam took off her glass and put them on her head, not ready to answer such a question. "Well Harley, if you want to get better I think you can. I still haven't determined if you are suffering from a psychosis that fuels your-" she paused trying to figure out her words, "Actions.  Or if it's just how you cope with your life."

Harley bit her lip. "Listen Doc, I know I've got issues. PTSD, being one of them. But I'm not crazy. Exactly. I know what I'm doing and when I'm doing it."

"So when you cut off your apprentices face and stapled it to a wall, that was a choice?" Her voice was hesitant but she had to make sure.

She scoffed. "Of course it was a choice. That bastard tried to kill me, he deserved more than a reverse facial."

Pam put her glasses back on and scribbled some notes down.
"You make choices to hurt people in violent and sadistic ways, and your telling me its because you wanted to?"

Harley grimaced. "Well when you say it that way it makes it sound bad."

Pamela snapped, "Of course it's bad Harleen! You don't cut off faces and blow up cars because you want too!"

Harley scowled. "I thought youd understand! I only do it because they deserve it!"

Pam scoffed. "I highly doubt they all deserve it." She crossed her arms.

Harley scowled, her voice dropping several octaves. "Don't accuse me of hurting innocent people." Harley pulled her lips tight over her teeth, her next words a hiss. "I would never."

The words sent a slight chill down her spine.

"There are certian things, you just don't do. That I, wouldn't do. My apprentice didn't understand that so he had to go."

"I don't understand Harley,  I can't fix how you feel about your moral code. If you have nothing telling you to these things then-"

Harley exploded, standing up so fast her chair hit the ground.

"God fucking damnit Pam that's not my problem! I like that about me! I just want to not have the nightmares and the other bad shit! That's what I wanted help!" Her chains rattled as she gestured wildly. "You said you weren't going to judge me anymore! I think you're the one that needs help!"

Pamela blinked slowly as she let those words sink in.
Harley was breathing heavy after her out burst and pam could see tears prick at her eyes.

"I'm sorry Harley, I apologize for casting judgement on you. Can we try this conversation again?"

Harley shrugged and picked her chair up before sitting in it.

"I guess so."

Pamela smiled gently. "Thank you. Please tell me what I can help you work through."