Prolog

If you want to understand the story, read this. There's a funny Avengers meme and a song I like at the top. BTW the meme is so me so DO NOT I repeat DO NOT steal my pudding or else . . .

Edited, I think.

It's true what they say, those who want power don't get it or they abuse it but those who have power don't want it but use it wisely if they even use at all. Of course there are exceptions. There usually is to every statement you make. If you think that this story is going to be one about the perfect girl with a perfect life discovering she has powers, then guess again. Real life doesn't work like that and neither does my story.

All I ever wanted was to be normal, to fit in, to belong but I learned from a young age that my life would never be that no matter how much I tried. You can't say you're normal when on a school trip to an aquarium in year three you somehow make the water form into hands and pull in the five kids that bullied you. Sure, you can forget one incident like that but when in year four at a different school you blow up all the water pipes you know. You know you're not normal.

From then on I noticed little, well, big changes happening to my body gradually. It started with my senses. Suddenly I could see, hear and smell everything and things felt se different. I had to begin wearing gloves everywhere because things were so intense that I had to block one of my senses out or go crazy. Maybe I did go crazy looking back on things. It probably started then, but I began to have trust issues. I was only fourteen. Then again, who can blame me, whenever I left a room I could hear what the people I used to call friends said. I'm guessing you can tell from what I put that it wasn't good.

Then, when I was fifteen, I became faster, stronger more agile but not only that, my appearance changed. Even though I don't like having powers, I still train. That's the key to controlling them. I know my limits and what I'm capable of so I know what to do and what not to do. To test my speed, strength, agility and things like that I do parkour and I learned a few martial arts as well. When I did the class, I'd hold back but when I wasn't in it, I'd push myself to my limits.

With the other things I could hold back and no one would know what happened but I couldn't do that with the way I looked. My green-blue eyes turned sea green and that wasn't where it stopped. What once was chocolate hair turned black and my splotchy skin became perfect and as white as a sheet. A few weeks later I accidently cut my hand while washing up and it healed before my eyes. As it happened in the beginning of the summer, there was no one to notice the changes except my mom and she just didn't seem to notice or care. On to the sore subject.

My so called family. When I was three my father left and my parents got divorced and I have no contact with him, I have no idea where he is, what he's doing or if he has a family where he is now. I live with my mother but it's like I live alone. She's never home when I am so we never talk. From a young age I learned how to do everything by myself.

That's why I can't tell her tell her about my powers. If I did, I'm not sure how she'd take it, she could kick me out, call the police, ship me off to some lab, sell me, try to kill me and billions of things I haven't thought of yet. I won't go down without a fight.

Even though it was risky telling my mother about the things I could do, I wanted to. She might actually be alright with it. We could bond over this and become like a propped mother daughter duo but I don't think that's going to happen. There've been opportunities before and she hasn't taken them so it isn't likely no matter how much I want it to happen. I have a chance to tell her and I want to be in another country when I do it.

That opportunity came in the form of a school trip to the amazing New York, they say it's because they want us to experience other things but it's really because the teachers going want a chance to meet the Avengers. That means I'm in another country where no one knows what I looked like or have any idea of what I'm capable of. America is bigger than England. If I told my mum about my powers while I was in America and she did call the police, they would have a hard time finding me because I know how to hide really well, I've got a plan and everything. Then if she didn't have a problem with it I could come home and talk it over with my mum and maybe we would bond a little.