30: WAIT, THERE'S MORE

30: wait, there's more 

DAY 17 

"I'll be right back," Dakota whispers, kissing Jade's, her mother, cheek, before scurrying off. 

They're home. The trip in New York was immensely successful. 

Their entire class is standing in the parking lot, all bidding each other goodbye - some crying, some genuinely smiling. There are many hugs going around. Dakota's heart aches, knowing this is the last time they'll all be together, on one ground. 

By the time she gets to the Maroon Socks, who are standing by their caravan, Dakota's hugged and said her goodbyes to her all her friends . . which is pretty much everyone, she's just that type of person. 

"Hey," Dakota cheerily greets, wrapping her hand around Elijah's torso and leaning into his side. 

"Sup, De Cooties," Elijah hollers, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. 

Dakota chuckles, looking up at him, "I'm going to miss your awful singing ass, Vans." 

"I'm really going to miss our banter, Rookie and all of you too" Calvin chuckles, sparing a glance at his girlfriend, and then shaking his head to get rid of all of the sad thoughts. 

"Yeah. . I'm really going to miss every time you wear something of your name, Calvin Klein," Fiona smiles. 

"And I'm going to miss your spontaneous drinking games, Fee," replies Calvin sweetly, a calming smile resting on his face. 

"You know what, I'm going to miss Artery waking us up with his creative ways," Brooke says, a look of approval on her face. 

Arthur laughs, his hands in his pockets, as he kicks a few stones around, that lay on the ground. 

"Yah, whateves, you guys are going to miss me the most," Dakota waves off, in a cute voice, pulling Elijah and Calvin into a hug by force on their shoulders. Brooke laughs, grabbing her phone and snapping a picture. 

"And so," Dakota beams, when she's let go of the boys, then pulls out a bunch of cards from her handbags. "I'm inviting you all to my parents wedding." 

Jade and Kira are getting married in the coming week, just before Dakota is meant to leave. They couldn't do it earlier because of the laws and couldn't do it later because Dakota had her final exams and the garduation ceremony, too, got in the way. And it doesn't matter to them when they get married, it matters who is there. 

They have waited sixteen years for this to happen, and have been engaged for three of them. They wanted their kids to be happy before making this happen. And they had waited another year after the law passed to make sure they had everything perfectly designed. 

They are going big. This isn't your sweet, small wedding. . no, the lawyers want theirs to be glamorous and out there . . just like their love. 

Jade and Kira's wedding invitation cards have been designed by Dakota. Although Dakota is into journalism, she enjoys graphics, as well. 

Dakota made them so they have a gold band and shimmer to them. She grins, in reaction to everyone's awestruck faces and open mouths. Dakota hands them out, lastly giving one to Arthur. 

Whilst he's staring at the card in awe, Dakota rests a hand upon his and asks, "You will come, right?" 

Arthur's head snaps up, his mouth opening to respond but Calvin cuts him off. 

"Of course! We'll all be there! Thank you so much, Dakota!" Calvin says, grinning like a goofball, thinking it was all of them Dakota was talking.