06: (WET) CLOTHES AND STUFF

06: (wet) clothes and stuff

DAY 2.755

"It's not a good idea we allow them so close."

"It's a mistake for letting them dance together."

"We shouldn't have let them drink, alone."

"This is bad. Bad. Bad. Bad."

Statements like these have been going on for the past few minutes. Dakota, Arthur, Fiona, and Elijah are concentrated on the goofy couple dancing on Call Me Maybe at twelve A.M. They'd all long finished their free drinks. Dakota had gone off for a while. She came back, grinning, saying she was having a chat with the bartender, who gave them free drinks. Fiona was relaxed. Her sweater was too warm so she changed into a tight-fit, black crop top. She is thankful that her skirt hides her belly button, cause a lot of boys had, in the previous hours, come to hit on her. She completely ignored him, with the following methods: giggling with the boys, playing a clapping game with Dakota, loudly stating that Arthur's her boyfriend or sleeping. That last one seems to work the best for her, she'll say (so does the Arthur one, but she's not in the mood of admitting that). 

"I think it's time we all get some sleep." The four of them agree with Arthur, getting up, all paying their individual bills. Sure, Calvin had left with putting a five dollar bill, as well as Brooke. The four walked to the crowd, the girl pulling Brooke away, and the boys, Calvin. Calvin's wild smile had the both boys grinning at him. "Come on, Calvin. It's time to go."

"Brooke! Brooke!" Fiona yells, to get her attention. "Time to go!"

"No!" Calvin and Brooke yell together.

"Oh, Robin Hood," Brooke growls. "You steal words, too?"

"Genius, Friar Tuck, ain't no one as blunt as you."

"I don't do the drugs, Hood!"

"I'm done with her."

"You were having drinks with her, dancing, bastard," Dakota says, exasperated. Brooke stumbles forward, and Arthur comes to catch her. He rolls his eyes, Fiona and him putting Brooke's arms around their shoulders. Elijah and Dakota do the same with Calvin, except Calvin only accepts Dakota's arm, leaning into her. "You weight more than elephant, pig."

"Hmm, you're too thin, then," Calvin says, sniffing her hair. "It smells of raspberries."

"And you smell of puke, point made."

The rest of the walk to the hotel is long.

At some point, Brooke begins to dance with Elijah, walking behind everyone. Dakota supplies them with music, busting some of her moves, as well. The sensible, the wise, and the drunk walk further, ignoring their unnecessary cries.

Brooke begins to run away, Elijah silently following her. They're retreating back to a fence they'd just passed. Dakota, the instinctive, follows, already climbing up the railing.

"We can get on the railing and look at stars!" Brooke exclaims, swinging her leg over the top of the fence. Brooke shuffles in her position, trying to not pay attention the poking wire beside her ankle. Her cheap overall is giving up on her and she lets out a wail. Turning, Arthur looks at her, eyes slowly widening. 

"Why are the three of you such dummies?" Arthur yells, walking over to him. Just as he takes his second step, Brooke screams louder, her voice echoing through the under-construction area. 

Lights flicker on, thumps of heavy work boots are loud, the grouse sounds of woken up men make them still. Elijah catches a glimpse of black pants, coming out in a line. And then, he's climbing of the fence, tugging at Brooke's leg. Arthur runs, helping Brooke down. Elijah, the one down first, grabs Dakota's hand, lifting her off the fence, to set her on the ground. Dakota runs, her skirt flaring about her, and Brooke's yelling about throwing up. Fiona and Calvin have long gone, being mere figures in the distance. Brooke rapidly blinks her eyes, slipping into the open door of a motel. "Who's woken up at 'tis hour? I ain't a fan of fee-five-fo-fom, that sorta thing, you know what I'm saying?" a deep voice reaches Brooke's ears.