23: WHAT WAS(N'T) EXPECTED

023: what was(n't) expected

DAY 9.40 

Everybody eventually made it back to the caravan at around four in the morning. 

It was Brooke and Calvin who had walked into Dakota and Arthur holding each other tightly, fast asleep. They simply laughed, changed into their pajamas, shared a quick kiss and went to sleep. 

Brooke can't understand just how her and Calvin happened. She knows that it's all too quick, but feelings are feelings and nothing can interfere with that. One minute they disliked each other, the next they were falling for one another. It was a haze of feelings, arguments and like. Spending day and night with each other did something to them. They can't be apart, they're better as a couple. 

Fiona found Elijah outside the club, texting the girl he is already infatuated with. Her and Elijah talked for a solid two minutes. 

"You love him?" Elijah asked , grinning, as he leaned against the wall outside, with Fiona beside him, doing the exact same. 

Fiona looked at him, smiling sweetly. She sighed blissfully before looking ahead. "I am so in love with him. He's my everything." 

"When did you guys meet?" Elijah inquired, wanting to know more about the reason that makes Fiona Pastelle so very happy. 

"Well," Fiona giggled, beginning her story, "It was back in kindergarten when I was six. I was drawing a picture of my dream room — this included action figures and My Little Pony posters — when he was intrigued by the fact that I was a girl and liked action figures. So, I simply punched him in the nose. Left me in quite some trouble. And, weirdly, we became best friends. We would always go to each other when we needed to be comforted or needed love. . the rest. . it's history." 

"Nice story," Elijah complimented. 

"Thanks," Fiona chuckled. 

They fell silent for a few moments. 

"Good talk?" Elijah said, getting off the wall, and beginning to walk. 

"Good talk," Fiona chuckled, following him. 

When Fiona and Elijah enter the van, they find Arthur and Dakota holding each other, just like Brooke and Calvin had, and the Brooke and Calvin sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags. Fiona smiles when she notices the way their sleeping bags are pressed together, and how Calvin's hand rest lightly on their waist, as they face each other. 

Fiona and Elijah look at each other, at the entrance, and smirk, before going to change their clothes one by one. It doesn't take long before all of them are fast asleep. 

———

DAY 10.6

"Morning, pigs!" Elijah yells, taking a turn onto a main street. Everyone groans, knowing that morning's arrived. He has every right to. The only ones ready are Brooke, Fiona and him. He parks into an open space, far away from where they're supposed to go, partially due to them wanting to change clothes. 

"Fuck off," Dakota groans, burying herself deeper against a chest. That's when the musky scent fills her nose and she jerks upright. She looks down at Arthur, who's already awake, rubbing his crystal blue eyes awake. Absentmindedly, she strokes her thumb across his cheek, catching his attention. He raises his eyebrows at her in question but she shakes her head and crawls over him. 

They're all sitting in yawning and waking up, as well as waiting for Calvin to get out of the bathroom. 

Dakota looks for Advil in her bag, and when she finally find it, she gulps one down. Drinking water, she groans, rummaging through her bag for clothes. Settling with a forest green mini, high-waisted checkered skirt and a skin tight, long-sleeved, black shirt, that she'd properly tucked in. She sits on the bed, beside Arthur's head, who's still sleeping. Leaning down, she wears her knee high black socks and her heeled Chelsea boots. Brushing her hair straight, she heads to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She can do one day without showering.