22: GET 'EM VANS & ROOKIE

022: get 'em vans

DAY 9.01

The gang are seated back on the table. Calvin has his arms crossed and his head resting on them, on the table, with Brooke, who's now sitting next to him, laying her head on his right shoulder, both fast asleep. Apparently, the blaring music isn't enough to keep the awake. Elijah's too busy singing some song he's created about Doritos. Fiona, on the other hand, is sending explicit after the other, after the other texts to her amused boyfriend (I CAN FINALLY CALL HIM THAT! WOOHOO!). Dakota too busy explaining the hand-game 'Ninja' to Arthur, who's laughing at her every time she goes blank and, after a few moments, begins to re-explain.

"No, babe, the other hand!" Dakota whines, stomping her feet against the floor.

This certainly catches Arthur's attention making him look at her in surprise. He glances at her lips before looking back at her rainforest-green eyes. They have definitely gotten a few shades darker due to the alcohol coursing through her body.

"Say that again," he whispers, taking a sharp intake of breath. Dakota tilts her head to the side, pulling her chair closer to his, leaning forwards so they were centimetres apart. She bites her bottom lip.

That's when Arthur understands: Dakota's trying to be seductive. "There are lots of other names I can call you," she murmurs, tracing a line down the side of his face. Her teeth rest gently on her bottom lip. Her hands rest at his collar, as she moves into the space between his parted legs, all whilst they both were sitting on the high stools

As she leans in, Arthur grabs her hips roughly, pulling her forward. This makes her stand up and press her self against his seated self. They angle their heads, breathing heavily.

Then, Arthur pulls back, shaking his head. "You're drunk."

"So?" Dakota asks, cupping his cheeks sweetly.

"That's taking advantage," Arthur explains, his voice becoming more airy and light.

"Well, I want you to kiss me and me being drunk is an opportunity," Dakota a mumbles, her fingers moving towards his lips.

"Exactly what I mean by taking advantage," Arthur breaths. His voice is floaty because Dakota's running her fingertips over his lips.

His lips are exactly how Dakota imagined they will be: soft and perfect.

"Did you not hear what I just said? I want you to kiss me. Arthur Bradley, take the chance while you still can," Dakota urges. Dakota could've kissed him herself, but she doesn't trust her wasted self to be ale to kiss him first without it being sloppy.

"You know, most people would've been at the making out part by now," Elijah comments, popping a Dorito into his mouth.

The pair turns their heads to them, Dakota blank and Arthur glaring. Then Dakota turns her head towards Arthur, and smiles lightly as he's stilling looking towards Elijah.

Dakota giggles, her hand slipping to cup the other side of his face, pulling it towards her. She peppers a few kisses onto his cheek, her giggles slowly faltering but her smile pressed against his skin.

Arthur, on the other hand, is quite surprised by this and pulls away from her, before she kisses him. He looks at her confused.

They both like each other. That is now very, very clear.

Before Arthur can say anything, a girl with brown, wavy hair comes up to their table.

"Hey," she says, seeming a little nervous. "I'm Victoria. Well, this is going to sound weird," she breathes, turning to look at Elijah. "I heard your friend practically yell that you're going to NYU and I thought I'd come over and introduce myself... because I am, too, going to NYU. . so I guess I'll your pretty face around there, this fall."