Diana Prince - Wonder Woman

Start from the beginning

It has been rumoured that Diana Prince was the leader of the Themysciran military. It is believed that she went through many thousands of years worth of training in order to gain this title.

Miss Prince first came to note in the first World War, in this time period this is where she first became aware of the human world. In the year of 1914 a young pilot, named Steven Trevor, washed up on the shores of Themyscira, here he was met by Diana Prince. She had never seen a 'male' before and became infatuated with him, wanting to learn about who he was and where he had come from. She brought him back to her mother who promptly denied Diana permission to go to the World of Man due to it being too dangerous for a princess.

Diana had always dreamed of being an adventurer but her Mother was firm on the laws of Themyscira, no one was to ever leave. Not soon after she decides to go against her mothers wishes and travel to the World of Man with Steven. Infuriated with her mother, she stole an ancient suit of armour that had been worn by her great grandmother many hundreds of thousands of years ago. The armour was made of a red, blue and gold material that she had never seen before, it was fluid like water but as strong as metal. She also obtained a metal headband, shield, bracelets, lasso and sword.

Discovering her new ability to fly (given to her by the ancient armour) and going against her mothers wishes, she took Steven with her who was keen to introduce her to the World of Man and all of its secrets. She is overwhelmed by the beauty of the World although Trevor profusely apologised for the state of disarray that it was in due to the War to end all Wars.

It is unknown how Diana Prince entered into the American Military but experts in the CIA and at the pentagon have recovered many documented photos and records that show that she was the first and only female soldier in World War I. Records also show that she was the leader of her own squad which she took on several covert missions throughout the War, all of which were successful and without injury. She was nicknamed 'Wonder Woman' by her fellow soldiers.

It came to light that the God Ares, the God of War, was behind the first World War. Her anger at the God who fed from the pain and suffering, was believed to be the reason why she decided to stay and fight for a world that she did not belong to. Another, more likely reason is because she fell in love with Steven Trevor whom she married in 1919. The two fought for many years together, throughout the war years,however records show that Stephen Trevor perished early in the Second World War. She vowed never to fight in another war again and was left heart broken.

In the years between the death of Steven Trevor and her reappearance in the 1990's, not much is documented. It was known that her mother allowed her access back into Themyscira after brokering peace between Themyscira and the World of Man.

Up into the early 90's sightings of Diana Prince now known exclusive as the legendary 'Wonder Woman' were limited. Many people did not believe that Wonder Woman existed due to Diana destroying all of the records containing any mention of her, she could find. Those who had fought alongside her described her as being 'out of this world' and possessing magical weapons and the ability to fly. Fewer and fewer people would speak about soldier Prince due to the intense ridicule that would follow, many were considered to be senile and clinically insane.

An early crisis that developed in the 2000s, America was under attack which threatened to  drive Diana from her solitude on Themyscira.  A new presence named 'Aquaman', the King of Atlantis declared war on the World of Men after he accuses them of poisoning the oceans through pollution and he unleashes the Atlantians on the humans, killing hundreds.

Diana, seeing the World she loved so much in peril once more, decides to fight against Aquaman. After some investigation she was able to see similarities between this attack and World War I. After speaking with Aquaman, she realised that Ares was behind yet another war that threatened the world she loved. This only fuels her anger towards the God who promised to protect,  here, she gains recognition from a young Batman and Superman.

She formed an alliance with the two, and the three worked efficiently together to prevent the destruction of the world. During this time Superman and Batman put into effect, a project that they had been working on called: The Justice League of America. Superman never wanted the world to be unprotected again and so began the formation of an elite group made from highly trained Heroes.

 Batman once commented on his appreciation for Wonder Woman's ambassadorial skills, during this time, as she often conversed with Aquaman and was able to stop him from sending more groups of Atlantian's in to America to kill and destroy. Therefore he encouraged Diana to take up the role of Ambassador for the Justice League of America.

In late 2009 the Justice League was almost fully formed with over ten members. Batman and The Green Arrow funded the Justice League by providing the technology, spaces and equipment needed for the team. The Justice League currently resides in the Justice League watchtower owned by the two, here is their base of operations.  

Wonder Woman also took up the position of training newcomers to the team, due to her advanced knowledge of fighting. One of her favourite students was Kara Zor-el who she taught to reign in her out of control super powers. The two formed a quick friendship and enjoyed sharing stories of their home worlds together.

Over the next decade she proves an integral member of the Justice League and is involved in many missions, she is a permanent member of the Justice League of America unlike the other two members of the trinity whose occupations in their respective cities keep them as part-time members.

Somewhere during this time Diana engages in a relationship with Superman, there is no romantic relationship between the two, they only find comfort in each other in times of loneliness and despair.

Diana is currently involved in an undisclosed Justice League mission which involves Superman who have both travelled to Apokolips. The two have been in brief communication with Batman and were shocked to here of the loss and potential demise of Nightwing, a fond friend and respected hero, of Diana's.