Ysa_Arcangel Presents: Author Goals

Start from the beginning

       Goal 3: Get more subcribers: How? By Building you Newsletter

. Goal 3: Get more subcribers: How? By Building you Newsletter

Building Newsletter - How exactly do you do this? - You create a sign up form that you can embed on your website or post on your social media platforms. Go to my website and click the SIGN UP button. It'll take you to the landing page where your readers can subscribe. To start with, you need to create a MailChimp, Mailerlite or MadMimi account. They are some of the most used newsletter providers. I am using Mailerlite right now because it's somehow cheaper than MailChimp since I now have 15K subscribers, I am now paying for my monthly subscription but 1000k below is free.

   Grow you list-  When you say grow your list, you mean      have my own list that I add to every time, right? Building a newsletter is the first      step, next is growing that list

Grow you list- When you say grow your list, you mean have my own list that I add to every time, right? Building a newsletter is the first step, next is growing that list. You need not add everytime because the emails will be automatically added on your list once they subscribe. If you are joining any giveaways, that's the time you need to import the emails (this is another topic haha!). How do you sell to the list? Or you mean people on the list are the ones who buy your books? My emails are mostly about Giveaways, Freebies, Discounts, New Release... etc. where my subscribers can easily click on the link whether to join, download or buy. My newsletter subscribers are avid readers. Most of my sales came from them, mostly ebooks and KU page reads. I am looking forward to earn and maintain my sales at around 2k$ monthly Again, how will you earn this, from direct sales or something else?.Send the newsletter to your subscribers and let the cash trinkle! If you have a massive list and offered a discounted rate on one of your books, let's say 0.99$ x 25k subscribers, that's helluva approx 25,000$, half is still 12k$! Seriously! but NOT ALL THE TIME. The trick is to offer giveaways and FREEBIES. Give the readers what they want for them to stay or else they will unsubscribe. All of my subscribers get a freebie when they join...a freebie no one else gets! Your newsletter subscribers are your readers that are ready to meet you, get to know you. It should be this magical connection.I get quite a bit of interaction on my email sequence. It's not all about selling hardcore.  

       Goal 4: Be an idol

. Goal 4: Be an idol.

I've always wanted to inspire people. Writing career wise, I still have so much to learn. Do not add people on the group without permission. Do not add a friend then ask to read your book. Do not message s stranger and ask to read your stuff outright. Just continue what you do best. Just write it, connect to people. Be kind and sensitive to others. Everyone, be an idol not an a$$hole.

 Everyone, be an idol not an a$$hole

. Goal 5: Get Reviews

Okay, this is for my fellow published author. One of my mentors gave me this tip that I'm planning to apply on my next release.

Ready?

Breath.

Do a secret release among your street/review team. The next day of the release, set your book to FREE (if you're on KU)

Reviews are verified. You'll have thousands of downloads that will substantially carry on after the FREE days are up.

Now, that's a trick that I have not yet tried but proven effective. I will report back.

       Goal 6: Getting Sold

. Goal 6: Getting Sold. How to stay in the business.

Simple, learn the craft, improve your style and when you get published...publish more. That's how you'll stay.

I hope you enjoyed reading my post! Thanks for dropping by everyone!

About the Author:

Ysa Arcangel is the author of Forever Night Stand and Underneath It All. She has also written an urban fantasy novella, "Nexus Series Book 1: Anathema." Her newest book is titled Love at First Sit.

She is a Filipino author based in Manila. A loving partner to a talented chef, and mom to three amazing kids. She works as a Spanish GDS Helpdesk by day and a writer by night, but if given a chance, she would exchange her job to become a Nat Geo explorer and a TMZ reporter!

***********

P.S. Don't forget to enter the 130+ #WattpadBlockParty Giveaways! Clickable links are at the top of my Wattpad profile! :)

GIVEAWAY LINK ONE:

http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2017/01/giveaways-for-wattpad-block-party_31.html

GIVEAWAY LINK TWO (with Widgets):

http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2017/01/giveaways-with-widgets-for-wattpad.html