{1}

Junior year was finally here. You and your best friend, Caroline, had been waiting for this time to come since freshman year. You were no longer under-classmen, you were the respectable ones in the school, and you couldn't be more excited about it. And you were only about an hour and a half away from beginning the school year.

You quickly climbed out of bed and got in the shower allowing yourself to sing to your favorite song. You then got out and put on a super cute outfit. After all, first days were first impressions, they would be how people saw you for the rest of the year. You quickly blow-dried your hair and styled it, and applied just the right amount of make-up. You put on your favorite shoes and went downstairs for breakfast.

You quickly made yourself something small yet delicious to eat and savored the meal. Then you went back upstairs to brush your teeth. After doing that, you slipped on your favorite light jacket as it was misty outside but not freezing. Then you heard a car horn honk. It was Caroline. You and she always went to school together on the first day.

Of course, you had your own car that you could drive, but this had been yours and Caroline's tradition since the fourth grade. You grabbed your school bag and walked outside to her car. You opened the passenger door and got inside the car, shutting the door, and putting on your seatbelt. "Hey Care," you greeted with a warm smile. "Hey Y/N/N. Ready for the first day of Junior year?" she asked.

"I've been ready since the first day of Freshman year," you replied with a small smile to which she responded with a slight chuckle. She then pushed the gas pedal and made her way to Mystic Falls high school. "Don't forget, we have cheer practice tonight," she told you. "How can I forget with you always reminding me," you told her.

"Hey, it's not my fault. As my co-captain, you should probably show up for practice," she defended, and you laughed. "I know Care, I'll be there. I promise," you told her, to put her at ease. "You better," she replied with a smile.

You then saw your school coming into view. "Here we are," Caroline practically squealed as she parked the car. "I'm so excited for this year," she told you and you nodded your head agreeing. "I just hope it's better than the last couple of years," you said. "It will be, I promise," Caroline reassured you, and you nodded your head before getting out of the car.

You were passing a field where a few football players were practicing when two of them came up to you. "Hey Y/N, hey Caroline," the blonde one, Matt said. You had known him since grade school, and you were friends, but you and he became a lot closer when he started dating another one of your good friends, and cheerleader, Elena. "Hey, Matt," you replied with a warm smile.

"You guys ready for this?" the other guy, Tyler asked. You didn't know him all that well, but he flirted with you every so often, and he was cute so you didn't mind talking to him. "Yeah, Y/N and I were just talking about how we have been waiting for this since Freshman year," Caroline responded. Just then the other football players that were there started yelling at Matt and Tyler to stop flirting and start practicing.

You and Caroline let out a giggle at their remarks and Matt said, "Well, apparently we have to go, but we'll see you guys around." You laughed and replied, "Bye Matt, bye Tyler." They waved and ran back to their friends as you and Caroline began to walk into the school. "We need to find Elena and Bonnie so that I can remind them about cheer practice," she told you.

"You have already reminded them like ten times," you replied. Caroline let out a small sigh and said, "I know, I'm just worried that no one will show up." You smiled and to make her feel better you told her, "Okay. I need to go to my locker first, but then we will go find Elena and Bonnie and tell them one more time."

She smiled and responded, "Thank you, Y/N. You're the best friend ever!" You just laughed as you said, "I know. Now, let's go to my locker." You and she then walked to your locker and opened it. You were pulling out the different books you were going to need for the day, when Caroline suddenly said, "Oh my God."

"What?" you asked her, not even looking up. But, she didn't respond so you decided to look up at her and see what wrong, but she just stood there, speechless, staring down the hallway. You furrowed your eyebrows at her. You then looked down the hallway only to see a guy, he had to be the hottest guy in the town, walking down the hallway.

He passed you and Caroline, looking at you for a moment, but then diverting his attention back to the hallway. "I call dibs," Caroline told you after she thought he was too far to hear her. You just laughed and the warning bell rang, signaling that you had 5 minutes to class. "Well, I guess we have to go to class now, but I'll see you at cheer practice," you told Caroline.

She nodded her head and replied, "Yeah, I'll see you." You then both parted ways as you walked to your classes. Your first class was chemistry, and you were honestly kind of dreading it. You began to make your way to class, but by the time you got there, there was only one seat left, and guess who it was by -- the new guy.

He shuffled in his seat a little bit as you sat down next to him. "Hi, I'm Y/N. You're the new guy, right?" you said, looking into his blue eyes. "Yeah, my name's Stefan Salvatore," he replied with a small smile. "So, where are you from?" you asked. "Um, here, actually. I was born and raised here, moved away for a little while, but now I'm back," he responded.

"Why'd you move back?" you questioned, trying to make small talk. "To live with my uncle," he replied, and you had a thoughtful look on your face. "Do you have any other family here?" you asked after a moment. He shook his head no, and told you, "I have a brother named Damon, but he doesn't live here anymore." You were about to ask more about his brother when the teacher began class.Stefan and you were pretty good lab partners, and you could tell you were going to be good friends. As the bell rang, signaling the period was over, you started packing up your things. "Well, I'll be seeing you, Stefan," you told him. "Yeah, I'll see you later," he replied and you walked out of the chemistry classroom to your next class, still curious about Stefan's brother, Damon.