{5}

You avoided Damon the next few days, not because you didn't want to see him, but because you knew you wouldn't be able to look at him without feeling guilty, or without feeling sad. So you were taking a drive around Virginia, trying to clear your mind of Damon. You were on a somewhat abandoned highway when there was a loud pop, and your car started to lose control.

You put on the brakes, pulling over, and coming to a stop. You got out of your car and checked your tires. Great...you had a flat tire. You sighed as you got back into your car, and grabbed your phone. No service...perfect.

You got back out of your car, and stood by it, hoping someone would pass by who could help you out. It took about another fifteen minutes before you saw a blue Camaro coming by. You were about to start waving the person down when you realized that you knew that Camaro, and you knew the person who was driving it – it was Damon.

He pulled the car over next to you. "Car trouble?" he asked with a smirk that made you smile even if you tried not to. "Flat tire," you replied. "Need a lift?" he asked. "That depends," you responded. "On?" he questioned. "Where you're going," you stated. "Georgia," he replied.

You let out a small sigh and said, "I don't know, Damon, maybe I should just wait for another car to come by." "Y/N, you do realize you are on an abandoned highway, right?" Damon told you, making you shrug your shoulders.

Damon laughed, and said, "Come on, Y/N, just get in the car. I promise we'll be back in Mystic Falls in a couple of days." You looked at Damon skeptical for a moment, but then let out a sigh. "Fine, but we go home when I say," you told him. "Sounds great," he replied, and you nodded your head, getting into his car.

He started driving and then said, "So where have you been? I haven't seen you the past few days." "Yeah, I know. I didn't think you'd want to see me," you replied, honestly. "Why? Because you rejected me?" he asked, and you nodded your head in response.

"It's okay, I understand if you don't like me," Damon told you. "No, it's not that, trust me," you defended, slightly blushing at what you had just admitted to. Damon's head snapped in your direction as you said those words, and he smirked at your blush. "Then what is it?" he asked you. "Caroline, Stefan, Elena...things would just be too complicated. I'm sorry," you replied.

Damon just gave you a small smile and asked, "What if there was no Caroline, Stefan, or Elena? What would you have said?" You looked at him for a moment before replying, "Yes." Damon smirked and you just looked out the window to avoid blushing again. "So, why are we going to Georgia?" you asked

"I just have to talk to an old friend. She's a witch," Damon replied. You nodded your head not wanting to pry into his personal business. "Thanks for coming with me," Damon told you. "I'm just glad you drove by when you did, otherwise I might have been stuck there," you said with a smile. "So, I guess you could say I'm your knight in shining armor," Damon teased.

You laughed and replied, "No, but maybe my knight in leather armor." Damon laughed at that, and you and he spent the rest of the car ride to Georgia getting to know each other. Pretty soon, Damon pulled up to a small bar.

"What are we doing here?" you asked Damon. "This is where she works," he replied, before getting out of the car. You got unbuckled, but before you could open your door, Damon used his vampire speed to open your door for you. You got out and thanked Damon, and then you and he walked into the bar. "No, no, it can't be, Damon. My honey pie," the bartender said as you and Damon approached a couple of barstools.

The woman pulled Damon into a kiss, and you had to admit it hurt a little to see Damon kissing another woman, but you pushed that thought out of your mind. Damon pulled away after a moment and smiled at the woman.