{6}

You woke up the next morning to Damon's arms around you. You enjoyed the feeling of having them there, keeping you warm, keeping you safe, but of course, as soon as you started to move, Damon woke up as well. He noticed that his arms were around you and he blushed slightly, and moved them, apologizing.

You laughed and said, "Good morning, Damon." "Morning, ready to go home?" he asked with a small smile. "Yeah, we should probably get back. Caroline is probably worried about me, I haven't called her back since last night," you responded. Damon nodded his head, and you both, hesitantly, got out of the bed.

You went into the bathroom and fixed your appearance as much as you could before walking back out to Damon's car. He was already sitting in the driver's seat. "Did you check out already?" you asked him, as you got into the passenger's seat.

He just nodded his head and began driving. The whole way back, you and Damon basically sat in silence. You would try to say something to him, but he would just respond with a shake or nod of his head, or a one-worded answer, so you eventually gave up and just looked out the window, wondering why Damon was acting this way.

After a long while, Damon had pulled up to your house. "Thanks for this weekend, Damon, it was nice to get away for a while, even if you did almost die," you joked, and Damon just gave you a smile.

"Okay, Damon, what's wrong with you?" you asked. "What do you mean?" Damon questioned. "You aren't talking to me, and if I did something wrong, please just tell me," you replied. "Go out with me, Y/N," Damon responded. "Damon, I already told you I can't," you told him, breaking your own heart as you said it.

"Because of Stefan, and Caroline, and Elena, but it's not up to them Y/N. It's between me and you, and I know you care about me, and I care about you. So, go out with me," Damon said, trying to convince you.

"Why do you want to go out with me so bad?" you asked him. "You're different. You're special. You're the kind of girl I've only ever dreamt about, a girl who sees me for me not for what I am," Damon replied, looking down as if embarrassed by his answer.

You wanted nothing more than to say yes, because, in all honesty, Damon was the only one who made you get butterflies, who made your toes curl, he's the one that made you do crazy things like going to bars and getting drunk and then getting attacked by vampires.

He made you feel alive and you wanted nothing more than to tell him that, and you were going to...until you saw Caroline come out of your house. She was standing on your porch waiting for you, and looking at you and Damon, confused. "I'm sorry Damon, I can't go out with you," you said, each word feeling like a knife to the heart.

You then got out of the car and bent down to his open window. "Thanks for the ride home. I'll...," you started but Damon cut you off. "See me around? Yeah, I know," Damon said, driving off.

You sighed as you watched Damon drive off, your heart breaking. You then turned to Caroline who was looking at you shocked and confused. "Don't be mad," you told her as you approached her. "I'm not mad, I'm over him, but when did you and Damon get together?" she asked you.

"We haven't yet. We just took a road trip together. He keeps asking me out, but I keep saying no," you replied. "Why?" she questioned. "Because of you," you responded. She looked shocked when you said that.

"Care, I know how much you liked him," you told her, and she gave you a small smile. "Liked him, Y/N – in the past. Do you want to go out with him?" she asked you. "Yeah, I really like him, he's nice to me, and he takes care of me. But our friendship means more to me than a guy," you responded, and she just laughed.

"Y/N, even if you stole my boyfriend while I was still dating him, we would still be friends, because we're more than that, we're sisters, and if you want to date Damon then go for it. I honestly think that you two would be cute together," she told you.

You laughed and said, "Thank you, Caroline." She nodded her head and replied, "You're welcome. Now, tell me all about your weekend with Damon." "Well, there's not much to tell. Damon saved me from my car trouble, we went to a bar, got attacked, spent the night in a motel room, and then came home," you responded.

"What!? Alright, you're coming inside and telling me every single detail," Caroline told you, forcing you into your house. You sat down on the couch with Caroline and began telling her everything from the first moment you fell for Damon.

Damon's POV:

I began driving home after I dropped Y/N off. I felt kind of bad. I think I may have overreacted a little bit, but can you blame me? I'm falling for Y/N, and all she keeps doing is rejecting me.

I drove home as fast as I could, hoping to forget about Y/N with alcohol, but of course, as soon as I get in the door, Stefan and Elena are there. Yay. "Hello brother," I tell Stefan, starting to walk past him. "Where have you been all weekend, Damon?" he asked.

"Georgia," I stated, simply. "By yourself?" Elena questioned. "Maybe," I replied. "I don't think so, Damon, because Caroline called me saying that Y/N was gone, and she didn't know where she was," Stefan said.

I let out a sigh as I heard her name. It only caused me pain now. "Did you and Y/N go on a road trip together?" Elena asked, worried. "Yep, why?" I responded. "Damon she's my friend. Don't you dare hurt her," Elena told me. It's funny when you think about it.

All I wanted was to make Y/N mine, never hurt her, yet she hurt me, twice now. But of course, I couldn't let Stefan and Elena know that, so instead, I said, "Sure, Elena, whatever you say."

"We mean it, Damon," Stefan stated in a stern voice. "I got it, brother. Now if you don't mind I'm going to be in my room," I replied before trudging up the stairs into my room. I pulled out all of the liquor bottles from my drawers and drank them until I stopped thinking about Y/N, well, until I passed out.