Day 23 - Arguing

Day 23 - Arguing

Dean was sat beside his sleeping brother in a hospital in some state. He wasn't exactly sure where he was he just knew that he had to stay beside him and keep him safe.

Bobby and Adam would come to see him with a pile of new clothes and an update on how Castiel was doing every day but Dean didn't need any of that. He only cared about Sam and how he was doing. He was awake but he was badly injured; Dean didn't know what he would have done if he hadn't survived the surgery. Sam was his little brother and if he'd died in that nest; he didn't even want to think about it.

OoO

After the light Castiel had radiated died down Dean saw all the vampires dead around him. He saw all of them. There were so many and he couldn't help but blame himself, afterall, it was his fault. He had told Sam that there weren't many, that everything was going to be okay. He was wrong and this time it had cost them dearly.

"Sammy!" Dean shouted as he crawled to his brother who was laid on the floor barely breathing.

"Dean?" Sam muttered as Dean wrapped his hand around his and held onto as many tears as he could while others trickled down his cheek silently, "Are they dead?"

"Yeah Sammy," Dean muttered looking into his brothers slightly clouded eyes and sniffing quietly.

"What about Cass?" Sam muttered quietly in a voice that was almost unemtional as a feeling of numbness floated over him as he fought to stay concious. He wasn't going to leave Dean. Not this time.

"He's here Sammy," Dean muttered not taking his eyes from his brothers in fear that he'd look away and Sam wouldn't be able to look back at him again, "I'm going to get you out of here. You're going to be fine."

Dean looked at his dying brother and took a shaky breath as he hauled him into his arms adn stood, trembling. He slowly walked to the impala making sure that he didn't knock him in anyway. Dean lowered Sam into the back seat gently and brushed hair from his swweating forehead.

"You're going to be okay Sammy," he muttered more for his own benfit than Sam's.

He brought out his phone in shaking hands and dialed Bobby.

"You finished? I don't know where Cass went. That son of a bitch just left about 15 minutes ago," Bobby said in his usual surly tone.

"Sammy dying Bobby," Dean said slowly and rubbed his eyes as tears threatened to fall again, "Cass is.. he's in the nest. I don't think he can move. He killed them all."

"Balls," Bobby exclaimed as he relayed the message to Adam. The clattering of chairs sounded in the backgroud as Adam got to his feet and walked out the door, "We're coming to get Cass. Take your brother to hospital. We'll make sure Cass is safe."

Dean nodded even though he knew full well that Bobby couldn't see him. Then, he hung up the phone.

OoO

"Dean?" a familiar voice cut through his thoughts.

Castiel was stood in the doorway. His skin was a sickly pale colour and under his eyes were dark black bags. He was leaning heavily against the doorframe and looking at Dean sorrowfully.

"What do you want?" Dean asked harshly.

Castiel was momentarily taken aback by the harshness of his tone but proceeded anyway, "I came to see how you and your brother are doing."

Castiel wandered slowly towards Dean and opened his arms to embrace him and tell him that everything was going to be fine but his arms were smacked away.