"Gethin? Was he serious? Does he really think I'm better off without him? Are we really through?" I clutched at him. I was terrified.

    "You boys know him better than anyone. Does he mean it?" I scooted closer.

    He stroked my hair. "Ah, love, this is Theo. He takes strange notions sometimes. And he's been drinking. Whiskey, from the smell?" I nodded.

    "He'll have to sleep that stuff off, no other way. His head'll be clearer in the morning." He kissed my forehead.

    I snuggled in closer. "I'm so sorry I fucked up your date with Sally. She seemed awfully angry."

    He gave a soft laugh. "She got angry about a lot of things tonight. I don't think we had much of a future together, to be honest."

    It was so much easier to think about his problems than my own. "Aww, poor Geth," I said, mussing the hair on his head. "Anything I can do?"

    He looked at me, eyes inches away from mine, reflecting the moonlight from outside. He shook his head. "To be honest, I think you should go, I don't think this is the best place for you to be."

    "Oh. Okay." I started to pull back from him, thinking. Where in the world should I go? His house was huge, this was true, but I didn't know it very well. I could go to one of the other boys' rooms, I supposed. And if he thought I should go, why did he send Sally away?

    "I'll go to Matty's room," I said to him. "He won't be back until morning, right?" At Gethin's nod, I flipped the covers back, but before I could go, he pulled me in for a long hug, and kissed my forehead.

    "I love you, so much, little one," he whispered. "You know I only want what's best for you, right?"

    I nodded, and he looked at me for a long, thinking time before releasing me. I scooted for the door, opened and closed it soundlessly. But once I was in the hall, my will deserted me, and I sank down on the floor, unwilling to go anywhere. It was freezing, but I didn't care. I curled up, pulling my knees close, under his shirt, and just sat, outside his door, and hoped Teddy didn't come back.

    I didn't know how long I sat there, but I must have been dozing, because Gethin's door opening roused me.

    "What the fuck?" I heard him say, and the next thing I knew he was picking me up, wrapping my arms around his neck, taking me back into his room. My teeth chattered when I tried to say something to him.

    "Tink, are you out of your everloving mind?" He whispered. He laid me in his warm bed and lay down next to me, covering us up, and took me in his arms, pulling me close, tucking my head under his chin. My legs were pulled up between us, against his chest, as I was too cold to even think of straightening them out.

    "Tink? Tinker Bell? Do you need me to put you in the bath?" He asked with concern. I shook my head violently, not wanting to move from this wonderfully warm place, from his wonderfully warm arms.

    "This feels so nice," I managed to get out. Eventually I was able to straighten out my legs and hug myself to him, my chills lessening.

    "Better?" He asked in a little while, and I nodded.

    "Now, what in the hell were you thinking, hmm?" He asked, giving me a little shake.

    "I don't know," I whispered. "I just didn't want to leave you. I didn't want to be alone. Please don't make me leave, Geth." I lifted my head and looked into his eyes, which I could see pretty clearly, now that my eyes had adjusted to the darkness in his room. "You want me to sleep on the couch? I'll go if you want me to," I said softly.