Bonus Chapter 61 (interview with the boys)

AN: This is something fun I wrote recently; many of you have been asking for "more", but unfortunately my other UK Crush books are all involved in various promos or contests on Amazon, and can't be reprinted anywhere at this time. So here is an interview that the boys gave before they left for Japan, before the first book, Living in the Shallows, takes place. If I come up with more stuff like this, I'll stick it on the end of Diving Deep as "bonus" chapters, along with a brief description of what it is. Hope you like it. :o)--and leave comments if you want, I love hearing from all of you!
🧚‍♀️🌹🧚‍♀️🌹🧚‍♀️🌹🧚‍♀️🌹🧚‍♀️🌹🧚‍♀️🌹🧚‍♀️
We always hear about how awful touring is, how grueling. What's the best thing?

Ronan: Probably being with the lads. Sounds so fake, but they're really like me brothers. I only have tons of crazy sisters at home, so, yeah, being with the boys is great fun.

Gethin: I'd have to agree. All evidence to the contrary, life on the road can get lonely, and it's nice to have that bond to fall back on.

What do you do during your "down time"? When you don't have band related commitments?

Matthew: What's that, then? (Laughter from the boys). No, seriously, I love to go back to Scotland and just see my family and friends, my granny. My parents and sister are doctors, they have very busy lives, and it's nice to just be with them, away from the madness.

You guys are unusual in that, from the very beginning, you've written all your own music. Where do you get the inspiration for your songs?

Theo: You never know where inspiration will hit, honestly. Sometimes it's something that's happening in your life. Sometimes it's something thats not happening, that you want to happen, or miss, you know? Like hoping you'll meet someone special (teasing and laughter from other boys).

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of ladies who would love to make your acquaintance. Have you ever considered leaving the business? What would it take for you to actually quit this life?

(General hubbub from all the boys)

Theo: No, I can't imagine doing anything else, if I'm honest. I feel like, other than being a husband and father (ribbing from the others), this is what I was meant to do. Of course, I'm not like Matty, for example, who's so clever, and could've been anything (more laughter from the boys); like, his entire family is full of doctors, seriously! Or Geth, who could've inherited his family sheep farm, right, mate?

Ronan: I'd be a gamer. (laughter) What? I'm good at it! And our Geth would just be a guitar player for another band, he's that good. (sounds of agreement)

So someone mentioned something earlier about meeting someone "special"; you've been asked this before, but what are you looking for in a girl? Or woman, I guess, since you're all in your twenties now?

Matthew: Well, someone who's smart would be nice. I don't know how the other lads feel about this, but I love when I talk to a girl and she gets all my references right away, when I don't have to explain everything?

Ronan: Yeah, Matty does like an intelligent woman, don't you, bro? Unlike some others I won't mention, who seem to go more for quantity than quality, maybe? (Theo punches Ronan in the arm, makes as if to leave)

Theo: You know, I used to know the answer to this. It was all the usual stuff; smart, like Matty said, funny, easy-going. Funny is really important, all that stuff is, but lately I've started to really think about this, and all I can think of is that I want someone who can fill in the spaces in my heart, you know? Like I'm not exactly sure what's missing, but I'll know when I meet her. (teasing from the other boys)

Gethin: What're you saying, Theo? You looking for someone who'll "complete you"?

Theo: Stop making fun of me, you wanker. (turns to interviewer) Geth is just a completely shallow and unsympathetic person, you have to realize.

As of the filing of this report, all boys are single, and preparing for their tour to Japan, where they'll be filming a documentary about life on the road.