15

chapters with the actual number (not written out) are gonna be a lil explicit so if you don't like that kinda thing don't read this one lol

ok kiddos enjoy

-

A couple days after the Jasmine sighting and a couple of days of not seeing anyone, it was New Year's Eve and nothing was planned except watching the ball drop on TV, a joint, then lights out at maybe 4 in the morning.

Mom called him earlier to wish a happy and safe New Year and to inform him that she was finally going out for this one. He couldn't imagine his old-fashioned mother going out to a party for New Year. Just wasn't her style. But maybe New Year New Her, so he accepted it and finished that conversation.

His thoughts were still swarming with Jasmine so he tried killing them with some weed but that didn't work. He was still his pathetic neurotic self by 10 at night and that's when he thought it was time to drink up some, so that way the ball drop would be slightly enjoyable this year.

But the elevator's ding attracted his attention far more than getting fucked up and he went to go see if his suspicions were true. They were.

Different from the all black, she wore a glittery dress that hung off her body like a box and shimmered every time her legs moved to step closer to him. She swung her heels back and forth in one hand, which meant she was less than eye level.

"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" she smirked.

He rolled his eyes and shut the door to his room. "I thought you would be celebrating the New Years anywhere but here."

She shrugged and blew out a breath, "Didn't want to. Thought you'd be getting sloppy drunk at some bar."

"I've decided by myself is more enjoyable than with others."

"Even me?"

She was doused with expensive perfume and behind that alcohol. Was she drunk? He thought she didn't drink.

Harry wondered, but didn't question. She didn't baby him when he was drunk so he wasn't to her.

"Alright." He turned and let the both of them in.

Nyala sat down at his small kitchen table and hummed. "Looks like someone splurged for tonight."

Her observation was to Harry pulling out vodka and two shot glasses. He poured some in each and placed the bottle in between them. Nyala raised hers. "To the New Year, may it bring more confidence in who we want to be."

He squinted at the remark, weirded out on how specific it was and it didn't want to ruin it by saying his guilt wouldn't allow him. So he clinked glasses with her and they downed their past together. And for a little while they forgot, it sank to the bottom of their stomachs and they each took a turn in drowning it with a little more vodka. The silence soon filled itself with their laughter. Funny drunken laughter, words, and accidental touches.

And although alcohol could mask the pain of the past it could never hide the truth of the moment. 

That's why Nyala's bare foot rubbed against Harry's leg underneath the table. And also why the two's hands have rested upon each other's and the space between them? Couldn't really call it that anymore.

"You know in Rio de Janeiro for New Years, everyone gets drunk on this beach."

"Mm really?" Harry's eyes were closed, listening to her words and (vaguely) the news reporter on the TV shouting how there were 15 minutes left in 2015.