twelve

Help Wanted

is what the sign read.

The blue painted sign hung outside a quaint little music shop that Harry didn't know was here until today. Out of all the places he searched, he never thought there would be a place only two blocks from where he lived.

It was found taking a different route, head clouded with dark gloomy thoughts instead of the correct way to actually get home.

But the blue 'Help' poked through the clouds in his mind, bringing his attention to reality. Cold December air blowing his coat open and howling in his pink ears, yet this peaked his interest. So he could see the records literally cover half the store ceiling to floor, and one could get lost in the aisles of music. The music was timeless. It was a retro little place that drew him in like a moth.

There was a girl behind the counter; her hair turquoise blue like the cover album of Nirvana's Nevermind and her arms swirled with ink. Her attention wasn't on the male who resembled the homeless in Central park looking through the window at her. But her brows furrowed at the sight of a pack of young boys stalking the aisles of good music. Harry could feel her anger through the window and thought better than to step foot in the store. The boys paid her no mind, flipping records, placing shit where it didn't belong, and poking fun at Mariah Carey's boobs on her album cover.

Blue haired girl blew out a bubble, chomping with an open mouth from the boys making her job harder than needed to be. Her patience was wearing thin and she flung up her finger to point at the door.

"Yo get the fuck out unless you're buying!" he could hear her scream through the glass.

The boys shoved and jerked at her remark, running out of the store. He could see maybe 16, 17 in their faces but he still saw potential. Their smiles were still intact; they weren't mentally scarred from some of the trouble they've stirred, so they were all right. Better than Harry at least.

But could he work here?

If she knew him maybe a couple of years ago, when he still had his king mentality, he'd be one of the boys she just kicked out. But she hadn't. And he's fast forward 21, lonely, jobless, and somewhat respectful.

So...maybe.

But firstly he needed to worry about the rent, then his mother and Gemma's gifts. 

He dreamed of happiness often and when he awoke, he felt guilty. Gratefully, the loud sharp knocks to his door drew him out of the nightmare and he sat up with a snort. Who the hell could be visiting his apartment this early? He used his tired arms to drag himself to the other side of his bed so he could see the clock and

Oh.

It was six pm.

This was a new record.

The knock sounded again and he called out to whomever, "Yea, hold on."

He wiped his eyes and walked with a slight limp on his way to the door.

Harry didn't really expect the girl with the all black attire to show up at his door the next day but he opened the door for her anyhow. Why? Because he liked her. Anyone else, it would have been 'a bad time' and he would have gone back to sleep.

Earlier she cornered him as he was about to go into his apartment asking what he was doing near the record shop. She got excited over hearing the words, 'Looking for a job' and said she'd be happy to go with him.