six

He's only ever heard Uriel mad once and that was in his own apartment. Heat made people do crazy things, which was why Uriel threw his TV out the window that summer. Harry's respect grew. Or fear. Either feeling was unrecognizable when it came to Uriel.

But he wasn't banging on Harry's door. He was banging on another door on this floor. Neighbor 202.

He couldn't have gotten to the door fast enough. At first it seemed smart to look through the peephole but all he could see was the edges of his unwashed neighbor and his fist repeatedly banging on the door.
"Open it! I fucking heard you earlier asshole! Open it!"

His heart pounded in his ears, partly because of his abrupt awakening. Uriel kept banging, his fist going red against the saddened blue doors. It was eerie in the hall except for his loud thumping against the door.

"Play that trash music again, I'll fucking evict ya!"

"Don't," Harry whispered. His words bouncing back at him and he realized he was talking to a door. His shaky hands unlocked the door and he poked his head out in the hall. The grease ball turned, his face livid and clothes barely hanging on to his frame. "No, don't."

"Why the fuck not? This guy keeps playing his trashy music when I'm trying to fucking sleep. They need to cut it out or Imma – "

The door locked. Or no. Unlocked. Someone was behind it the entire time. Harry didn't know whether to bolt or to stay because he didn't think he was ready to see neighbor 202. He or she stayed in secret for 2 weeks coming in and out of the building with a hoodie over their head. He could only imagine them coming out with a ski mask over their face, speaking through a robotic voice. 202 went to great lengths to not have their identity exposed and now here they were, standing in the flesh. It was almost like a fictional character peeling itself off of the pages.

Harry crouched behind his door only letting one green eye see the mystery he was about to unveil.

Pink girl was not his pink girl.

Not close to his imagination at all. The person that opened the door was female. But far from America's or society's vision of beauty. It was a beauty he realized America would never recognize. It was a beauty you needed sunglasses just to view to protect your eyes from. It was a beauty he's never seen before.

It was like she was emitting all the rays from the sun as soon as she just opened the door. Like a glow. Or maybe it was from the sheen of sweat coating her dark skin. On her defined collarbones and lining the top of her forehead. She was definitely the hooded figure from the other day; her legs were so smooth and toned, endless in the little shorts she wore. The muscles evident in her naked calves and arms holding open the door. And despite how dimly lit the hall was and only one eye to view, her dark skin still glowed.

She looked upon Uriel with dark casted down eyebrows, and a scowl but - god. The emotion she showed made Harry's stomach flip and flip and flip. Against her skin her teeth appeared to be a dazzling white almost dentist approved and her hair was long and flowy, just not brushing against pale skin, like a black waterfall down her back, washing over her shoulders.

What was her name?

He needed her name.

God, he was never going to stop thinking about her. He wasn't going to get any sleep knowing she lived next door. Not that he got sleep in the first place.

She tied up her straying hair into a high pony, glaring at Uriel, The greasy McDonald's worker was at a loss of words as well. His beady greyed eyes going all around her body.

"Can I help you?" the words were friendly, but not coming from her mouth. She hissed them out.

The first words she's ever spoken that's reached Harry's ear, yet they sounded familiar.

"Turn that fucking trash music off! – "

" – it's not trash." She looked down at a watch on her wrist. "And it's only 12 you weak ass. I'm doing more productive things than you'll ever do this week."

True statement. Uriel was probably jacking off to porn before this. This entire building didn't have promise for a better life. This floor specifically just wanted to give up and stare at four walls all day. She came to the wrong floor if she had any plans elsewise.

"You're fucking with my sleep! You want me to tell the landlord?"

"Fine! Asshole," she disappeared in the dark apartment and as soon as she did that the art came pouring out of the door again. It tried creeping in his room but he kicked it away. She turned it down a significant level so if it tried sneaking past Harry's door it couldn't. It'd have to knock first. "Is that a good volume for you?"

Uriel growled. "Keep it there." The angry man slammed the door to his apartment once in, leaving Harry alone with the girl. He didn't think she was aware of him watching her. Her dark pink lips stretched out into a smile and he heard a small chuckle from her. She shook her head slightly all while chuckling a little. 202 closed soon after and he fell back against his own door, breathing slow and deep. But his mind was rapid, piecing together and trying to process whom this neighbor was.

hi, i tried to perfect this but i'm still not feeling it

anyway comment vote let me know how you like it thanks :)))