Chapter Thirty Five

Arabella///Pov

***

I wish I could say I am leaving this place the same way I came in. But I can't say that. Scars taint my body, and words taint my heart. Tears wet my cheeks. Too many tears have been shed while knowing my mate, too many lives have been shed. I have witnessed what no one should ever witness. I have seen my pack be slaughtered before my eyes, I have seen my caregivers tortured, I have seen him kill mercilessly, and this should be the end. 

The plan was for Damon to bring up the idea of me leaving to get him used to the idea of me not being there, so he would not come after me. That was the plan. But why do I feel so hesitant?

I know why. It is not because I want to stay here, by no means is that true. I know there will be no where for me to go and I would have to avoid every werewolf at all cost, because they know what I am. I am his mate. I frown at the word 'mate', I would rather die than ever actually call him that lovingly. I question whether the Moon goddess is actually there.

I sit on the stairs outside the pack house, and instead on looking at the woods, I look up at the sky. Tears stream down my face, I just want to scream. I want to curse up at the sky, I want to curse her for thinking I am strong enough to change this beast of a man.

My nails dig into my forearm, drawing blood. I do not mind the pain though, my anger and sadness drown it out. My once lively black hair is now greasy, knotty locks sitting upon my head. My complexion is a sickly pale, just as my body is sickly thin and feeble. I should have left around an hour ago, but my brain has other thoughts.

"Arabella?!"

My head shoots in the direction of Damon who sounds surprised while he hurriedly walks over to me. I look at him with sadness, I can't do it, I can't leave. I want to tell him that, but I cannot. He has helped my many times, even though his once strict orders were to hate me.

"Arabella," He grabs my chin. "Look, you need to leave! Please, this could be your only chance."

Damon is practically begging me at this point. I remove my nail from my arm and smile sadly at him. I stand to my feet, the white hospital gown licking at my ankles. My hand reaches up and caresses his rough cheek. He flinches at my touch at first then calms into it.

"I can't leave, I have to do something first."

Damon pulls away from my touch angrily. His brown eyes do not looks soft anymore, they look frantic and slightly angry. His dirty blonde hair is still worn in a buzz cut, I am sure that  he would have pulled his hair out in frustration if it were to be long enough.

"You can, and you will," Damon demands. Both of his arms are outstretched and on both of my arms, holding me in place. He looks down at me with all seriousness. "Do you know what will happen if you do not leave? Do you know what his wolf is looking for?  His wolf is looking to complete the mating bond, he-"

I cut him off, "He will not get the chance to because I-"

This time he cuts my sentence short, "Stop, we are running out of time. You're leaving and you're taking this with you."

Before I even have the time to react, he kisses me.

His lips are soft, warm, and welcoming -- nothing like Xander's. I find myself falling into the kiss. I know I should not be doing this, I know it is wrong, but at this moment I could not find it in me to care. Xander's kisses are different. They are demanding, the only thing that has my body giving into him is the mate bond. The mate bond I was forcibly into. This kiss, this kiss right here is not because of some mate bond, it is because he wants to. That feeling alone makes me feel hope, hope that my heart can still feel things. It makes me feel alive, like I am living and not just breathing.

Just as soon as the kiss happened, it ends. Damon pulls away from me, leaving me all flustered.

"Go now or Xander, he'll-"

His sinister voice then pierces the air, "I'll what, brother?"

***

VOTE & COMMENT

Thanks for reading and once again I am sorry for my hectic and unorganized updating! And sorry it is so short! It is because I have big plans for next chapter! But if you readers want I will be joining Radish soon! 

Thanks,

Amanda