Chapter Fifteen

I do not know what hurts more, the stab wounds are the words.

I currently sit on a bed, staring at the wall in front in front of me. Cuffs dig into my wrists, my arms in an uncomfortable position for they are pushed behind my back. I want to cry, I really do, but it feels as if I no longer have any tears, as if I am numb.

The saying that time will heal is false. My stab wounds are healing, but my I will never heal.

I do not know how I got in this room, or who changed my clothes and bathed me. I also do not know why I am here, or how long I have been here for. I have woke up an hour ago, and stared at the wall, thinking. Thinking about my life, thinking about everything that has happened to me, thinking of what I have to do.

The thought of what has to be done scares me, for I know I am not ready but I have to.

Creak

My head snaps in the direction towards the door. A awkward tall, lanky girl steps through. Her brown hair neatly in a bun behind her head. She wears a maid dress and looks scared to even be in the same room of me. As if something could happen at any second.

She shuffles towards me and quickly unlocks my cuffs. I find myself wanting to run, run and never look back, but I am to weak to even stand up. My arms sag next to me, as well as my back. My head sags as well, but I never take my eyes off of her.

The mystery girl grabs my arm and pulls me to my feet. I would fall if it was not for her supporting me. She starts to slowly walk over to another door in the room. This room is quite fancy, but what would you expect from Xander? I put all my 115 pound body weight on this tall girl, but she does not seem to mind. She hovers over my five-feet frame by at least a foot.

When we get to the door, the girl takes the golden door knob in her hand and twists it. We step inside to what it looks like an elegant bathroom. The bathroom has gold lining the top of the walls and a painting on the ceiling. Next to the rain shower is the bath tub that holds jets.

The girl starts to remove the shirt I have on and I go to protest but she gives me a pleading look, whispering the word 'please'. I nod my head to give permission and turn my head away from the mirror that hangs on the wall over the sink. I do not want to see the hideous scars that were left on my body. The scars my mate left me, the scars that were not only all over my body but my heart.

The girl quickly gives me a bath and combs my long black hair. She then gives me a white dress that looks like it could be a wedding dress.

"Why would I need this?" I find myself asking her. Her brown eyes look at me with pity, but then quickly masks that look with a half smile.

"For the ceremony," She tells me. She then starts to walk towards the bathroom door, "I will wait for you in the bedroom."

"Wait," I try to stop her, but she just walks out.

"What ceremony?" I whisper to myself. Nervousness starts to settle in. I take a deep breathe and begin to pull the white dress on.

The white dress itself was beautiful. The sweetheart neckline showed cleavage, but not too much. The dress was tight in the middle, gorgeous diamonds around the tight part which lies in the middle on my stomach. After the tight part the bottom flowed out. Not in an obnoxious way, but it flowed out and touched the ground. The dress was simple but elegant and I did not feel fit to wear such a beautiful dress.

I walked myself over to the mirror, this girl in the mirror was not me. This girl looked beautiful, like she was royalty. I tear my eyes away from the mirror and walk towards the door, remembering what the girl in the mirror looked like. She had thick black hair down to her waist in waves, her eyelashes dark and lushes.