Chapter 31

The door to the hospital room swings open revealing the annoyed face of the beta.

"Sorry brother," he says, "I just wanted to see how the pack's Luna is doing."

Xander's face reddens with anger from the disrespect. I look down at my hands, like they are the most interesting thing in the room. I feel as if I am invading their private life, there is a definite tension in the room. It is obvious these two do not get along very well, I can tell that much.

Looking at Damon's facial features, I start picking out the similarities between them. It is not noticeable they are brothers, but if one looks closely you could tell. They both share the same chiseled jaw line, same eye shape, and same medium nose. Xander's happens to be a more crooked nose, probably from all the fights he has been in.

"Watch who you're talking to," Xander says lowly, an underlying threat obvious in his voice.

Damon ignores him and starts to make his way over to the edge of the bed, making Xander let out a small growl of disapproval.

"Please Alpha, I am not going to do anything," He scoffs, emphasizing Xander's title.

Now he stands at the edge of my bed looking down at me. A taunting glint in his brown eyes informs me that he is not finished.

He then looks Xander in the eyes and says, "Well at least not yet."

My eyes widen at this and a blush creeps up onto my face from his vulgar use of language.

Xander is suddenly on the cocky beta pushing him up against the wall, both hands wrapped around his neck. Damon begins to struggle under his grip, but does not submit. Damon is strong, no doubt, but he is no match for this beastly Alpha. Usually when someone challenges an Alpha like that, only one person survives the fight, most of the time being the Alpha.

The beta surprises not just me, but Xander, as he shoves Xander off of him. Xander stumbles back. Damon coughs a little and uses his palm to rub his tender neck.

Xander growls, obviously this male wolf is infuriating him. Damon realizes this and stretches his neck out in a sign of submission, accepting the more dominant male in the room.

"My sincerest apologies, Alpha," Damon says lowly. He looks at me, his eyes going straight to my neck. Damon's eyes get darker, but he quickly covers this with a blank expression.

Of course, Xander sees Damon eyeing my neck up, earning a warning growl to leave his lips.

Damon realizes this and clears his throat. His eyes now hard, no emotion can be seen in his now blank facial features. "Sorry I did not mean to stare, Alpha. Her wound just looks quite," He pauses looking for the right word. "Erroneous, I must say."

"Well no one asked your opinion, " Xander grounds out through his clenched teeth. One could tell he is aggravated. He clenches and unclenches his hands at his side, as if it takes all the power in his body not to punch the beta. "She is fine, as you can see. You may leave now."

Damon gives me a look of pity. I cannot stand when people look at me like that. I glare at him hard. It is not like he cares anyways, he was involved in my torture during the first few weeks of staying here. I do not know where he is playing at, but I am not interested in anyone's games. The only thing I hold an interest in is leaving.

The Beta looks at me with astonishment because of the glare I have given him. I do not know what he was expecting, he was always kind of an ass to me so what would have changed. Thinking of this reminds me of the question I was going to ask Xander before he attacked me. I bring my attention back to Damon, who now looks at Xander.