Chapter 32

Disclaimer!!!

I am human just like all of you readers, so please try to understand that sometimes life gets in the way. I am not trying to make any empty promises, but I try my best to stick to the update schedule.

I am very sorry for the late update. If you have nothing nice to say, please do not say anything at all.

Thank you!****

"Wake up, Luna," I hear a feminine voice says softly. Right away I know this is my nurse, without opening my eyes. I hear a click of the lamp next to me, letting brightness seep in through my closed eye lids. I don't even open my eyes, already knowing the routine. I hold my arm out to her. Her rough hand gently grabs my arm, pulling it towards her more. Velcro is heard and a blood pressure cuff is wrapped around my bicep.

Her name is Clara, she almost forty six which shows through her facial features, but not in a bad way. She has smile creases permanently indented near her eyes and mouth. Her eyes are a mossy green and she has nice thick chestnut hair that is starting to gray. She wears her hair in a ponytail, highlighting her most prominent features. Overall, she has soft facial features, matching her caring personality. She is much better than the other nurses here, the other nurses seem to very much bored with the job. There are plenty of nurses here, being that the pack hospital is pretty large. Not too large though, it has just one floor, but it is perfect for the size of the pack.

"All right, you are all set, and ready to go.This was your last checkup, you're as healthy as a wolf," Clara chirps, while undoing the Velcro. I open my eyes to see the women that I have come to think of as my friend. She gives me a look of understanding, seeing my lips set into a frown. She sits down on the hospital bed and I move my legs to make room for her.

"Honey I know, I know," She says softly looking at me with compassion. Before she can continue I cut her off.

"You don't know," I whisper looking up at the ceiling. I have gotten my voice back just a few days ago, It has been a week since I have woken up from my coma. The only people who come to see me is the nurses, or Xander. Whenever he comes the same thing always happens, I refuse to talk then he storms out in rage. Voices are powerful, but he has silenced my voice. I will not give him the pleasure of hearing me talk, I refuse to utter a single word to him.

Her fingers then grab my chin softly, making me face her. I look at her in the eyes, my eyes teary.

"You're right, I don't know. But what I do know is that I will always be here when you need me, so don't hesitate to give me a call." She says, then her eyes gloss over, as if she is recalling a memory.

"I just want you to know that I used to babysit Xander as a boy, and he was not always like this. I know what the rumors say, but despite the rumors, deep down he has a kind soul. He just doesn't know how to act around you, I could see it. You're breaking the walls he has built up. I used to try and reach out to him after the kidnapping incident, but he wouldn't talk to me, he wouldn't talk to anybody! He would just-"

"I don't care," I state, clearly angry that she is defending him. There are no excuses for his behavior.

"Lun-"

"No, I hate him. If you haven't noticed he is the reason I met you," I snarl pointing to my neck, "And don't call me that. I am not a Luna, especially not his Luna.

A clearing of a throat interrupts our little conversation.

We turn our heads to Xander, obviously he knows he was the topic of our discussion.

He nods at Clara, signaling her to leave. She stands up from the bed, nodding. Clara looks at me full of sorrow and mouths 'stay strong' she then walks to the door, but not before showing her neck in a sign of submission in which Xander gives her a curt nod in return. The click of the door is heard, which gives Xander the signal to speak.